E L E VE N

Prom was supposed to be fun, and at first it was

Prom was supposed to be fun, and at first it was. Finch arrived earlier than expected due to his fight with Juno. The dance floor was full despite the early hour. He walked over to the bar where Grizz stood.

"Hey." Finch nodded.

"Where's Juno?" Grizz asked.

"Home," he simply put it. "I think I... I made her mad. She yelled at me."

"Shit, I didn't even know Juno was capable of yelling."

"I didn't either."

Grizz pouring him a cup handing it to him. "You need a break from trying to be the parent."

"I shouldn't-"

"Finch, just take it. You need it."

Finch nodded before taking it. His first sip of alcohol tasted like battery acid on crack. His second sip tasted better more like battery acid without the crack. Something he swore he'd never do, drink. He didn't want to become like his mom. He didn't want to be an addict or another statistic. But he felt guilty for hurting Juno.

"Finch?" Grizz asked as he watched him stare into his cup. Grizz took the cup from him making Finch snap out of his trance.

"Sorry, just..."

"Worried?"

Finch nodded. "Yeah, worried."

"I'm sure Juno will get over whatever happened between you two."

"I hope so."

As the night went on the flashing lights became brighter and the music louder. Juno had convinced herself she'd have fun despite her earlier encounter. Besides, she deserved to have fun after everything. She approached the doors and saw Will.

"Hey!" She smiled. "What're you doing out here?"

Will smiled back. They were never really close but their mutual friend brought them together. "Just waiting on someone."

"Well, dont wait all night out here, tonight's supposed to be fun."

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks."

She gave one last smile before heading in. Her eyes meeting first with Harry. She sent him a smile before continuing on. He stared a little longer than he'd like to admit. His slight infatuation turning into something a bit more.