LI

───── ❝ chapter fifty one ❞ ─────

───── chapter fifty one ─────

hyejin

"yah, look at her right now." minha says as she used her lips to point towards eunjin who's clearly not looking good while she's just staring into ... i don't even know.

"should we do something? i can't stand seeing her like that especially since nahyun asked us to try to help her." i asked before letting out a sigh as i think of ways to like ... make eunjin not look like that a couple of days after nahyun left for italy.

"she looks sick right now." jaeri says as i nodded in agreement.

"woah you're actually right."

"but what do we even do about it right now?" minha asked as i shrugged.

"yah yoonji, start off a topic or something." i said which made her glare at all of us all of the sudden.

"i don't want to, i still need to do this because i don't want to do any of this nonesense next week." she says which made me roll my eyes.

"oh and i still think that eunjin's actually gay." yoonji says which made me scoff.

"yoonji shut uppppp you literally think that everyone's gay." i said which just made her laugh.

"cuz it's true!! everyone can have gayness inside of them no matter how big or small!!" she happily added which to be honest made me nod since she does have a point. 

"why do you think she's reacting like that after nahyun left though? she looks even more pitiful than usual." she adds which made me agree 100000%

"i know right? like how is that even possible?" i asked as minha suddenly takes out her fist before looking at all of us.

"let's play rock, paper, scissors on this then?" she suggested which made yoonji sigh.

"on what? befriending her?" she asked while she's erasing some parts of her drawing thingy.

"why don't dayoung do it instead? isn't she the only one who gets to keep being in the same room as eunjin majority of the time?" she says which made me facepalm myself for forgetting about that.

"forgot about that huh? i bet it's all because of the student council stuff." she says as i let out a sigh before nodding.

"i'd have to agree with you though cuz i always lose when it comes to rock, paper, scissors and i don't want to risk playing at all." minha says before laughing really hard.

"alright then, dayoung's going to talk to her because she's the closest and because she's also nahyun's friend. end of the topic." jaeri says all of the sudden as the others let out a sigh of relief.

"what are you doing right now yoonji?"

"yoonji?"

"i'm worried about this ... i don't even think that this comic strip looks good or if it even looks like a comic strip in the first place." she says as she lets out a hum before showing it to us.

oof- i thought that was for an abstract drawing or smth ...

"does this ummm look bad?" she asked as i couldn't help but face the others since i clearly didn't want to say anything about it right now or else i'm gonna have to start off an argument in here and nope not now cuz the teachers aren't that far from here.

"oh wowww, that looks really ... unique?" jaeri says which to be honest made me want to laugh.

"you just had to sugarcoat it." i mumbled before i took out my phone and checked out what's up with the world through twitter because i just know that jaeri just asked for an argument with that psychopath.

"well what did you want me to say? did you want me to tell you that your comic strip looks really messy and all over the place?" jaeri asked.

"to be honest i feel offended that you straight up just said that to me but it's way better than calling it unique because that's a compliment when you were about to-"

"hey y'all, i'm so happy right now cuz i got to finish tons of work." dayoung says which cut yoonji off as i looked up to face her and then eunjin's direction.

"go talk to her." i said as she looked at me with a confused look.

"whAT? why me?" she asked as i crossed my arms to my chest.

"because the two of you are taking the same major." i said which made her look at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"i don't want to!! i know that she's really not that bad but she's just so difficult to handle!!" she says before sitting down while frowning.

"hey you know what? i don't get why we're even trying to help her despite being nahyun's friends because it really seems like she's not even willing to help herself." jaeri says which made the others agree by nodding as i tbh just stayed neutral when it comes to this topic.

"the girl literally pushed all of us away, why do we even bother getting into her business? what do we even get from it?" yoonji added as she goes back to sketching something.

"we get to adopt her into our friend group i guess??" minha says as i nodded before letting out a sigh.

"don't you guys feel bad for her? she's always alone both at home and in here ... who'd even want to approach her first when we're the only ones that know about her story and we're the only ones that seem willing to even help her with her problems?" i asked as they just looked at each other without saying anything.

"oh my god we're willing to help her? how come i wasn't informed about that?" yoonji says as she took out a couple of pieces of gum, unwrapped them, and then ate them as a whole.

"hey, now's not the time for the jokes." dayoung says as i looked around to see some people staring at us which meant they're probably getting bother by us so i just had to shush them and tell them to start whispering this time.

"you thought i was joking? i'm pretty certain that not everyone seated in this table is even this interested in helping eunjin after how she treated us last time." yoonji says which to be honest just made my face sadden.

everything that's happening right now is just making me hungry to be honest.