LIV

───── ❝ chapter fifty four ❞ ─────

───── chapter fifty four ─────

jay

"hey jay? why is she here?" sunghoon says after noticing eunjin sleeping on the couch since he was probably just about to sit down as i walked towards the living room with an unsure look on my face.

"she tried killing herself earlier." i admitted which made sunghoon's eyes widen before facing eunjin.

"ahhh, is this because of what you said to us which was more directed to heeseung before? the one where you swore that you will make sure not to lose control over your powers and then end up killing even more people?" he asked as i let out a sigh before nodding.

"i don't want to make it seem like i can't even even do something as simple as that to any of you guys especially to heeseung." i said as he just went in awe before laughing and patting my back.

"eyyy what's with the long face? you'll look even worse than you already do if you're gonna keep doing that expression." he says which made me want to get mad at him right now but i can't seem to get myself to do that since i'm so distracted with my own thoughts.

"what do i even tell the others about this? i can't just tell them that i'm keeping her in here because i don't want to lose her." i asked as he let out a hum before going back to face eunjin.

"what would jake do?" sunghoon asked all of the sudden which made me look at him as if he was coockoo.

"no i'm actually being serious about what jake would do because he's the best and the most experienced one when it comes to the ladies between all of us." he says as i couldn't help but blurt out 'give them drinks and tell them lame pickup lines for the whole night?' which made sunghoon and i start laughing together.

"am i the only one that knows about this?" he asked as i shook my head no.

"i called ni-ki earlier to help me with her because i thought that he would be the most available since he barely does anything every single day." i said which made him frown and cross his arms to his chest like a kid sulking about his mom not getting him the toy that he wanted.

"YAH, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT OR ELSE I'LL GET EVEN MORE MA-" but before he could finish, i cut him off since i noticed that something's definitely wrong here.

"hey aren't i supposed to be wrath? HOW COME YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S ANGRY RIGHT NOW?!" i yelled which made him hit my arm.

"AND WHY ARE YOU GETTING JEALOUS OVER ME WHEN THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE MY THING?" sunghoon asked as i just shrugged.

"BECAUSE I'M WRATH AND YOU'RE ENVY AND IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO GO EITHER WAY!!" i yelled just as the doorbell rang and sunoo casually come out of his room and then start dancing towards the door while wearing his airpods to get a couple of bags which are definitely food which made us look at him as if he was crazy.

"sunoo!! what are you having right now?" i asked out of curiosity as he turned to his side to face us before rolling his eyes.

"you guys don't have to know because i'm not giving any of these to you guys anyways." he says in a really sassy way which to be honest made me want to beat him up and disown him.

"AND YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY MAKING THE OTHERS ANGRY BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE SO LOUD!!" he yells from the other side of the room which made sunghoon and i look at each other before laughing and shushing each other.

-

"jake we've been waiting for you to come homeeee!!" i yelled as the boy just took off his shoes before rushing towards us before letting out a gasp after seeing eunjin who's sleeping.

"it's really late though, what did you guys do while waiting and why is eunjin here?" he asked as sunghoon and i looked at each other before i faced him and sighed.

"i'm dating her." i said while making sure not to suddenly cringe or burst out laughing because of the thought of being with someone as uninteresting as eunjin.

"uhhh you're kidding right?" jake asks as i shook my head no before i patted eunjin's hair which just made jake start laughing.

"that's ridiculous." he says which made me get all defensive since sunghoon and i had discussed that this would be the best reason for eunjin to keep staying here i guess??

"wait ... are you actually being serious?" jake asked after noticing that neither sunghoon and i have cracked a smile or a laugh which made him gasp.

"but it's only been days right? how did you even manage to make yourself like her or vice versa?" jake asked as i shrugged.

"it just happened you know?" i said as jake lets out a hum before giggling.

"i didn't think that she'd make you like her so much because it seems like you really really like her." jake teased all of the sudden which made me close my hand into a fist.

"you guys would be such a perfect match for each other considering how you're usually mad and she's usually stubborn!!" he says before bursting out laughing which made me want to say no no no way since i would rather jump off a cliff instead of calling myself eunjin's boyfriend or whatever.

"aishhhh i lied okay? but you better help me come up with a lie so that we get to keep her here or else she'll kill herself and then i'd lose another one of my corrupted people and then heeseung's going to think of me as someone who is pretty much irresponsible and then his ego will boost up and then he'll start making me feel bad about myself again because right now i'm still nowhere as good as him and-"

"yahhh, you should be a rapper." jake says making me stop from talking which made me pout.

"why do i have a feeling that your plan b was waiting for me to come back and then ask for answers because you guys knew that plan a was way too hard to pull off?" he asked which made me go in awe before facing sunghoon with a shocked look.

"see? i told you he'd figure it out quickly." sunghoon says which made me let out a sigh before facing jake.

"so? what should i do?" i asked him as he lets out a hum before he starts thinking with his biG bRAin.

i'd be way too good for someone like eunjin anyways and they should know about that by now so like?? lying about dating eunjin would be pretty weird because why would i want to be with a 4 when i'm a 10?

"by the way, i want to bring this up just cuz i feel like it, you guys are lowkey related because negative states of mind such as anger, resentment, fear, envy, and jealousy are products of having a huge ego." jake says before jakehoon suddenly looked at me and then laughed.

"what?" i asked as they pursed their lips together before laughing.

"resentment, anger, sha-"

"QUIT BRINGING UP THE PAST GOD DAMN IT!!" i yelled to cut the both of them off before i glared at them.