Chapter 5 - Scold

Avery was now on her way to her charms class when she heard someone calling her name.

"Avery! Wait! Ava!" The voice exclaimed as they ran down the corridor towards the small girl.

"Oh, Dorcas, hi. How are you?" Avery asks softly.

"Oh, you know, I'm alright. Haven't seen you in a while, where've you been?" Dorcas asks as she drapes an arm around Avery's shoulder.

"That's good, and yeah, I haven't seen you in a while too, um, but I've been around the place, y'know? With James, Sirius, Remus and Peter." Avery replied a little shy, as she and Dorcas weren't all that close.

"What? Why haven't you been with Lily?" Dorcas asked as she looked at the tall blonde.

"Oh, um, we had a fight, and we just, uh, haven't talked." Avery said looking down.

"Oh, well she was always selfish towards you, anyway." Dorcas said shrugging before she walked away.

Across the corridor is Lily watching the interaction closely as if she looks away they'll disappear.

"Ugh, now look at that, Dorcas is talking to her!" Lily complains to Marlene.

"What do you expect? We're still friends with her, I mean just because you two got in a fight and she called you out doesn't mean we can't be friends with her." Marlene snapped.

"Whatever, she acts like- like she can just hang out with who she wants." Lily complains again to Marlene who rolls her eyes.

"Because she can, Lils. What's your problem with her? She didn't do anything?"  Marlene asks genuinely curious.

"She does anything for attention. Like embarrassing me! Then now hanging out with the boys! Ugh, how could she?" The red head fumes.

"Whoa, Lils. Calm down. She didn't do it for attention, she was trying to warn you! Like Dorcas and I were about Snape, he's a bad person. He was even rude to Avery! You called her the bad friend when she was the one who was there for you! Hell, she was even taking care of you as her own bloody child! You need to learn how to come to your bloody senses and get your head out of your arse." Marlene fumes before walking away.

"Wait! Marlene, I'm sorry!" Lily said following Marlene.

"It's not me who you should be apologizing to,." The blonde said before stomping away.

"Oh, god, what am I going to do?" Lily asks with her head in her hands as she sides down the wall. She didn't mean a word of what she's said about Avery, she just won't accept the fact that Severus isn't who she thought he was.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was now dinner and Avery planned on sitting with her four favorite boys.

"Hiya, boys." Avery said smiling warmly at the boys.

"Hi, Aves." The four boys chirped at the same time.

"You guys should eat, go on. Grab some food." Avery said sternly as the boys looked at the stern face and immediately started grabbing food not wanting what happened the last time they teased her and didn't eat anything for dinner.

*Flashback*

"Come on, you four need to eat." Avery said as she looked at the four of them.

"Aw, what you gonna do, Avewy?" Sirius said her name is a baby voice.

"Yeah, you gonna feed me yourself?" James teased.

Avery huffs before looking each one of the boys in the eyes including Remus and Peter's scared one's since they know what will happen from experience. She glares at them before grabbing a random person's newspaper and slapping each one of them in the face, making them rub their cheeks.

"You, four, listen here. You are not going to sit here and tease me without eating. Or better yet tease me about you guys not eating, oh, and feeding you. Don't think I won't, Potter. I'll feed you like you're a little baby." Avery turns her glare towards James at the last part making him gulp.

"I'm sor-" Peter was interrupted by getting yanked by the ear, the other three marauders getting yanked too.

Avery took them to their common room leaving the Great Hall to stare after them.

"Jeez, woman! You're strong for a lady!" Sirius said jokingly and somewhat seriously about the strong part.

"Trust me, if it were only you and Prongs it'd hurt way more." Remus said wincing as the four boys started to get tired of the walking and started to slow down as Avery yanked a tad bit hard.

"Jeez, woman!"

"Ow!"

"Avery, ow!"

"Ouch."

The four boys exclaimed at the same time.

Finally reaching the portrait that leads to the common room Avery mutters the password before the five, well the girl walked in as the four boys stumbled.

Avery let's go of their ears as they all breath a relieved breathe.

As the boys looked up they saw Avery with her arms crossed and glaring at them, which makes them back away a bit, scared that she'd do it again.

"You have to eat! Eating food will help you have energy-" Avery goes on scolding the four boys as they look down like children getting in trouble.

*End of flashback*

"Good." Avery smiles satisfied as she serves herself food. 

AN:
How was that? I liked it. Hope you're have a great day/night