8: the plea

There are different kinds of Hyunjin, that Felix would attest to. But Hyunjin has a different opinion for he thinks that Felix also has one—the crazy one.

━━

Felix watched the meeting commemorate inside the dark room like the very normal lads they are. Chan was undeniably suspicious of his surroundings, despite being reassured by Seungmin that he already studied Minho's base over and over again while Jisung was still wary of everything. Jisung undeniably looked lax that time, his eyes twinkling, darting over Felix and the man beside him which was obviously, Hyunjin, a side of his lips twisting upwards, just enough to cause Felix to kick Jisung's foot.

And as per usual, Felix was bored.

He was bored of the way that everything felt repetitive then. Knowing eyes staring down at Hyunjin following him like a trail, Minho smiling at him in a flash of sincerity that will soon be tattered with obscurity, Jeongin worryingly visiting his room only to be welcomed by Hyunjin's giggles at the far end of the room, seated on the couch, Changbin shaking his head—maybe at Felix, or maybe at Hyunjin, they will never know—, and Chan attempting to pull him away, only to be held by Hyunjin's large grip around his wrist.

Only Seungmin was doing particularly nothing at Felix.

Felix was so bored at that point.

"As I was saying, Christopher," Minho rolled his eyes at the way Chan kept on interrupting him, "I will be assigning partners so that we can practice working together even if we're all pretentious aside from Hyunjin and Felix."

It was so uncalled for. Felix beamed up and felt his face flush, but nevertheless, he was still bored. Despite the blood pooling on both his ears, perking at each movement of the lad beside him, he was still bored unlike the rest that raised their brows, scrunched their noses, and some scoffed.

Hyunjin tapped his feet at that reaction and his eyes lingered around Felix's face. Studying him intently, watching the slightest change in the way he projected himself, just practically getting whatever Felix could offer to him.

Felix was never unkind to him—he said that multiple times by now. How he didn't deserve Felix's kindness, how Felix's kindness may lead to his demise and disadvantage, how he didn't know what kindness felt like for no one has ever been kind to him. Felix was never a human to him.

Felix was so unflawed, almost perfect if not for the way he puckers his lips whenever Jisung looks at him, making Hyunjin think that maybe Felix and Jisung were kissing behind him and that he never knew and that—

Well, he didn't have to.

"Why do we have to work together? We can just make Jisung and Felix practice together, and then that would leave Seungmin and I." Chan retorted, hands in clear fists, eyes darkened with confusion and annoyance from the light bobbing of Minho's head.

"Because we are a fucking team, Christopher."

The tension was clear in between. It was chilly at the same time it was thick. It was deafening, despite the lack of sounds it produced—Chan's and Minho's glare for each other was doing wonders.

"Cut it out, will you?" The youngest among them spoke.

Hyunjin glanced at Jeongin before eating Felix whole with his eyes again, but now, with more attention enough to make Felix look back at him.