MR. PYTHON

[SEASON 2; EPISODE 3]

Gabriel gets off of the phone just as he arrives to Marcels loft. Niklaus had called him to inform him of their mothers latest scheme. Starting with breakfast in the compound this morning to inviting them all to dinner in their own compound. His mother had always been one for the theatrics, he supposes that's where he and his siblings got it from. Yet, he somehow still can't believe the audacity of the old hag.

"I wondered when you'd show up. Your pupil's waiting. it's not like you to shirk your responsibilities." Marcel sends a smirk Gabriels way.

"I'm afraid that's not why I came. I was wondering if you had a cooperative witch on hand?" He glances around the loft in curiosity.

"I don't know where Davina is, and given the fact that she's got your father on a leash, I wouldn't put her in the, uh, "cooperative" category." Marcel snarks, receiving a ver unamused expression from Gabriel.

"Not Davina. Perhaps another witch? On another leash?" He suggests.

"What makes you think I got another witch?" Marcel raises a defensive brow. "And you're a witch... why cant you do whatever it is you need from one?"

Gabriel purses his lips. "That's none of your concern. But Perhaps the daylight ring on your new librarian?" He points at Gia who looks mildly offended.

"Good point! My memory's a little shaky. Lucky for you, though, I know someone who can help! Gia?" He beckons her over and places an arm around her shoulders. "Why don't you take Gabriel to meet our friend Lenore? Mikael's back, witches causing chaos. It just seems like you could use all the friends that you can get."

Gabriel sighs, stuffing his hands in his coat pockets. Gesturing towards the door with his head, Gia reluctantly follows the man out.

Gia and Gabriel are on their way to see the witch marcel had pointed them towards. Gia glances around awkwardly. "So, you're not much of a talker, huh? No problem. Last guy I hung out with, he wouldn't shut up, so... guess I'm due for a change." She rambles.

"In all my years of living I've come to learn that silence is a much better companion than any company." He stoically says before walking faster. Gia looks unimpressed and jogs to catch up.

"You wanna walk in silence? Cool. But, you're going the wrong way. " Gabriel stops.

"Marcel believes I can instruct you. First lesson, do your best not to waste my time." He says in annoyance, realizing they've wasted time.

When they walk into Lenores store she is at the front check out desk, where she is grinding herbs. "Go away, I'm busy."

Gabriel raises an unimpressed brow. "Yes, blatantly practicing magic, I see."

"Herbal remedies for a neighbor who lost her insurance. But, my guess is an Original ain't here to talk neighborhood gossip." The woman slightly scowls.