Chapter Seventeen

As soon as I entered my apartment I grabbed my laptop and sat down

As soon as I entered my apartment I grabbed my laptop and sat down. I looked up the article with the information I had and after searching for a couple of minutes I finally found it. After reading it again I looked up more articles related to it and to my surprise I found two other concerning missing girls.

I then looked up the names of the girls form the missing flyers and sure enough I found them. These girls hadn't made it to the journal and I frowned. I did more research and I ended up finding 15 girls that went missing in the past 3 years.

I bit my lip in thought and wondered if they were all connected. I mean they must be. Does that mean that they're all being taken? Killed? Sold off?

I decided to look up Les Papillons which is the company Roger told me he worked at. Shockingly, the company was founded only 7 years ago. I went on the infringing chart and I found that almost all the workers that were listed were men.

The owner was a 38 year old man named Tage Dawson. He looked normal. But I knew there was definitely more to this. I looked at the locations of their warehouse and when my eyes landed on a specific one they widened.

Previously situated in the forest Bois-Des-Esprits but demolished to be relocated in the city.

Demolished? Did they really? What if they hadn't demolished it. What if the warehouse was still there and that's why Roger brought me there.

What if... what if Aster knew it was there and that's why he was staying in the cabin?

I groaned as my head started pounding with all these thoughts. I felt like the answer was right in front of me but there was still so much confusion.

I sighed and closed my laptop, there was nothing else I could do now.

-

I stepped foot out of my studio, shutting the door behind me and got my phone out to ask if Veer had come.

It's been a few days since I met him and I've come to accept him as a friend. At first I was wary with him following me around but I knew he was only trying to protect me and I couldn't find it in myself to push him away.

No matter how much I tried to deny it, I knew I was terrified.

I didn't want to end up like those other poor girls. Just another face in a missing flyer never to be found again. My heart ached at the thought of those poor girls suffering at the hands of sociopaths.

I texted Veer, asking him where he was and waited for an answer.

Over the last few days we had got to know each other a lot and I was glad that it was him who Aster asked to watch over me and not some other rude person.