🌲{-Chapter 23- A Last Encounter With Him-}🌲

One last scene with the love deprived boy~🌹

__________________________

"Adding clever dialogue to a book your writing is like adding spice to a stew your cooking. It gives it a pop of flavor."
__________________________

(Y/n) laid in her bed, reading. Insomnia wasn't quite merciful tonight, and she decided to simply read until she could no longer keep her eyes open. It worked like a charm for her, and she fell asleep. Returning once more to the vast, black and dark void. No dreams tonight she supposed... Finally landing on her feet, instead of floating around, she began walking to explore the almost gloomy void. "Hmm, there seems to be nothing for miles, no surprise..." (Y/n) said, raising an eyebrow. She continued to walk around until she saw a figure a little aways. Cocking her head, she made her way towards the now huddled figure. But, as she got closer she saw a familiar dark purple coat and messy brownish-black hair. She took a step back in surprise, not wanting to get any closer to the figure of the one person who came close to taking everything she loved. She thought that he didn't notice her, until he spoke. "Fancy meeting you here, ma belle," Ace stated. He sat on the ground with his arm propped up on his right knee, but he wasn't looking at (Y/n). Instead he looked straight ahead of him, and (Y/n) moved to see his face. Which, she found, was concentrated and stoic, almost emotionless. She couldn't tell if he found some kind of peace within, or if he was just as insane as the last time she met him. "Done looking?" Ace commented, grinning. He shifted his eyes to meet hers and (Y/n) froze. His eyes held no spark, no emotion, and the way they fixated on hers made her shiver slightly. "How am I here? In this void? I only remember reading and then blacking out..." (Y/n) said, her face contorting as Ace grinned once more, but in a strange way. This was new, his whole demeanor changed, he wasn't the same.

"It seems fate wanted us to meet once more. And I thank it for that, now I can see your pretty little face again. Ma belle." Ace let out a chuckle at (Y/n)'s annoyed expression. She knew somethings would never change in this man. "I see you haven't changed much, still think that I belong to you? Well, that will all change in a few days–" (Y/n) started, but Ace cut her off. "Oh I know, that pretty little rock on your hand will make all the difference. You'll 'belong' to that squid." Ace let out a chuckle, standing up and cracking his neck. (Y/n) frowned as he let out a few more laughs, obviously he wasn't right in the mind like before, and it probably got worse since she last saw him. "This is a dream, you can't do anything to me," (Y/n) sputtered out, scolding herself for that moment of weakness. Ace hummed, a sharp smirk appearing on his face. He moved like a flash of lightning towards (Y/n), but her instincts came to her aid and stopped his hand before it reached her neck. "Now, are you so sure?" he almost laughed when he saw her panicked expression. (Y/n) attempted to push Ace away, but he locked his footing on the ground and only moved slightly. He then released his arm from her holding grasp and chuckled. "You still think I'm naive? Don't you? This time in the void has given some light to me. Figuratively speaking," Ace chuckled out. "I'd say I've given up on you, but things have become clear to me." Ace's words confused (Y/n), she cocked her head and eyed him suspiciously. Something wasn't right about what he said... "I've spent countless hours pondering on the subject," he said, walking around (Y/n) like a predator circling it's prey. "Back in Dreamtale, everyone treated you like an outsider because of your past and your looks. Even though you were, by far, the most enchanting lady in the village. And if they knew about your magic, they would've done something far worse than just ridiculing you. That's why I'm the only one who understands you, who actually loves you, (Y/n)." Ace said. He stopped circling (Y/n) and came behind her, causing her to shudder and her magic to flare up in defense, incase he tried to do something. "This isn't love, you don't even know what the meaning of that word is. You hurt me, mentally and even physically. That's not love at all." (Y/n) spat out, glaring as she turned to eye the psycho behind her.