Chapter 32: Fenrir

"The fuck are you?" asked Bakugo, trying to stall for time while he did some quick thinking.

"Fenrir, at your service. Though, in this case, I'm afraid it's Zeus's service. See I got a job to do, and part of that job is taking back the girl Eri, and if possible, kill three specific heroes if convenient. You just so happen to be on that list." Said the man casually, as if he were simply shooting the breeze in a bar.

Fenrir then turned to look at The Hunter, "As for you, I don't care. You can go do whatever for all I care." he said.

The Hunter's eyes narrowed. "If you intend to kill him, then it's become my business. I'm not about to let a hero die to one of you villainous bastard." growled The Hunter, his narrowed eyes blazing in anger.

Fenrir merely shrugged. "That's rather surprising, I thought you two were just fighting a moment ago." he inquired, arching one eyebrow.

"We may be on different sides, but we have similar goals. Namely, taking care of villains like you by almost any means necessary." snarled The Hunter in response, a scowl plain on his face.

Bakugo looked to The Hunter, and their eyes met. They knew without having to say anything. While it rankled Bakugo to do so, pairing up The Hunter seemed to be necessary. Better to fight together against the same foe, rather than fight separately.

Fenrir gave a great heaving sigh and cracked his neck.

"A two on one fight, haven't had one of those in a long time. I really hope you two manage to make this at least moderately entertaining, otherwise, I'll just feel bad when I snap your necks." Said Fenrir.

Fenrir just stood there though and made no move to attack. After a few moments, he motioned at the two of them. "Well come on, I don't have all night. Since I'm the challenger I'll be a good sport and let you two have the first move." He said, raising his eyebrows in expectation.

That was all the invitation Bakugo needed, and he launched himself at the man. The Hunter did the same, sprinting at the man and throwing a couple of knives at him while he did so.

The man didn't seem perturbed by the attacks, but in a sudden burst of movement that belied his age, he caught the knives out of the air and then performed a mid-air roundhouse kick. The kick hit Bakugo in the side and was sent flying into the far wall. Bakugo hit the wall with a force that a man in his 70's or 80's shouldn't have been able to deliver. Bakugo got to his feet, shook his head to clear it, and focused on the fight while he got up.

For the first time since Bakugo had seen him, The Hunter actually fought with his full arsenal. Dual-wielding his wakizashi and katana, Bakugo fully appreciated just how skilled and dangerous The Hunter truly was. He went at Fenrir with a fury that bordered on fanaticism, the blades a whirlwind of deadly precision. Even Fenrir seemed shocked as he was rapidly forced to give ground, deflecting blows away from his body with arms, the blades sliding off without so much as nicking him. 

Bakugo got up and ran at the fight, throwing arcing explosions that curved around The Hunter and came at Fenrir from the sides. Despite the onslaught coming at him, he somehow managed to front flip over The Hunter and kick him from behind and into the explosions. The explosions weren't designed to be incredibly powerful as they lost a lot of their power due to travel distance and time, but they were a nuisance and if the opponent was careless could still hurt.

The resulting explosions didn't phase The Hunter very much, but they served to turn the initiative of the fight around. Fenrir pushed off the ground with one leg as he landed and boosted backward into the disoriented Hunter and hit him with a devastating reverse lariat. The Hunter was sent flipping forward, end over end into the blast weakened wall, and went straight through it.