Chapter 33: Assault on Mufustafu

Todoroki came out of the hospital, yawning despite the night's events. Kirishima was waiting for him out front, sitting cross-legged on top of a small three-foot decorative stone wall.

"How're things out here?" asked Todoroki, walking over and standing next to the wall giving the area a quick scan.

"Quiet, apart from the shadow at Eri's. What was that all about anyway?" Asked Kirishima, stretching and hopping off the wall.

"Apparently The Hunter paid Eri a visit to talk and drop off a night light, I think. I might have misheard since Dr. Okimi seemed to be ranting to herself and only gave me a quick response." Said Todoroki, still slightly confused over the whole situation.

"A night light?" Asked Kirishima, surprised.

"As I said, I might have misheard, but it is definitely strange. He's more than likely a sociopath, he exhibits all the traits of one, but takes the time to visit a child in a hospital? I expected someone like him to be out there hunting down villains." Said Todoroki, shaking his head.

"Well maybe he's friendlier than we give him credit for," said Kirishima, flashing his sharktooth grin. "Anyways, heard from Bakugo?"

"Not recently, but we should definitely call and let him know who he is dealing with if he doesn't know already." Said Todoroki, pulling out his small radio and clicking the button.

The moment he did though, the horrible sound of static came over. He clicked off the radio, and looked up to Kirishima, a feeling of dread starting to come over him.

"Try yours."

Kirishima tried his, but with the same result. Now starting to get seriously worried, Todoroki flipped his radio to wide-range. Fortunately, there was no static and he wasted no time in speaking.

"This is Shoto Todoroki, can anyone hear me?" he asked into the silence.

There was a pause before a familiar voice came back over the radio

"This is Hawks, what's up?"

"Myself, Kirishima, and Bakugo were on an assignment together to guard the hospital. We got a sighting of The Hunter leaving the hospital and Bakugo went in pursuit but we've lost all contact with him. Signs indicate he is being jammed." Said Todoroki quickly.

"Last known heading?" asked Hawks.

"North, towards the indust-" Todoroki stopped talking when they heard the distant noise of artillery, or in this case, Bakugo firing off some serious explosions in the distance.

"Well that's as definitive an answer as anything, you guys sit tight. I'll get some nearby patrols to swing by there and back him up, then I'll pass the word to Nezu and we'll go from there." Said Hawks, cutting communications.

"Well, at least we know where he is now." Said Kirishima a wry smile coming to his lips.

"Judging by the sounds, it looks like he's figured out who it is he was pursuing." Said Todoroki, coking his head slightly to listen.

They took a minute to just listen to the distant sounds of explosions, before Todoroki looked away, his mouth opening to say something when all hell broke loose.

One moment they were standing in front of the hospital alone, the next there was a ripple in the air, like water, and the next moment a group of eight black armored individuals materialized in front of them.

No one moved, both sides too shocked to do more than stare and blink. Then one of the black-armored figured lifted a hand. Whatever it was he intended to do never happened. Reacting by pure instinct, Todoroki sent a cascading wall of ice into the attackers, slamming them to the ground, and freezing them in place.