Chapter 23

SUNSET TOOK the framed photo of Ruckus that is displayed in his room and stared at it. He was smiling in the photo with a mischievous grin plastered on his lips, eyes shadows so much naughtiness. It was maybe taken a few years back.

Hinaplos niya ang mukha nito at marahang napangiti.

She didn't imagine that the same man who looked at her with anger, disgust, and hate a few months ago will look at her differently now. Treat her like she is worthy of everything. Cuddle her like she is something precious. Kiss her like she has the sweetest lips on this island.

It's been two weeks since the first time they shared a bed and gave herself to him and no night has passed without Ruckus taking her. Gabi-gabi itong gustong makipagtalik at hindi nagsasawa. Every night they will do it, it never changed. He always takes her like he loves doing it with her. Getting grumpy and annoyed when she wants to pass. But of course, he has his impish way to make her want it— to give in.

"Ruck, you made me feel so special, you know that? I'm afraid that someday you'll change and I will certainly miss everything you're showing me right now. Look for it and once again experience it with you..." Sunset whispered faintly as she run her fingers on the photo.

Ibinalik niya ang kwadro at tumingin sa labas ng salaming dingding.

She doesn't know what Ruckus feels for her. But if she will analyze it based on how he treats her, it seems like he likes her. Mayhap, even love her, and it worries her. So much.

The last thing she wants to give the man is pain. Hurt him. He's an arse but he's a good man too. Not a good example as a dad for Death but she knew Ruckus will do and give everything for Death.

"I hope I don't end up breaking you, Ruck..." Malungkot siyang ngumiti bago tumalikod para lumabas ng silid nito.

It's after two in the afternoon. Death is busy with his studies while Ruckus is out working. She on the other hand is done with the dusting and some cleaning around and inside the house which Ruckus does not requires her to do but she does it anyway. What else she'd do inside this house aside from doing chores. She's not a fan of watching TV nor does she like to sit idle and daydream.

Dala ang cellphone niya na nasa bulsa ay nagtungo siya sa garahe para hiramin ang sasakyan ni Ruckus na ibinigay nito sa kanya ang susi. And the phone she has now is also from him. The man loves spoiling her and Death. Giving them things every day. From clothes to things like phones and watches. At kahit anong pagpapatigil niya ay hindi ito nakikinig.

Bago siya nagmaneho papaalis ng bahay ni Ruckus ay nagtext muna siya kay Death na aalis lang sandali para may tignan.

Then after that, she drove off. Her target is the Crown's resort where she knew her sister works at Donćic restaurant.

Thanks to Ruckus who gave her everything he collected about her sister. Nalaman niyang kinupkop ito ng isang pamilya na may isang babaeng anak isang dekada na ang nakakaraan. The same year when they were separated. Nakapag-aral ito at mukhang naging masaya kasama ang pamilya na kumupkop dito. Ngayon ay nagtatrabaho ito sa restaurant ni Prius.

Sunset smiled. She's glad her sister gets the thing she wanted and dreamed— a happy, free and peaceful life. Kahit hindi siya naging parte no'n ay masaya na siya.

Pagkarating sa resort ay isinuot niya ang itim na sunglass at ang sun straw hat bago bumaba ng sasakyan at pumasok ng resort.

Sunset feels nervous but at the same time excited to see her twin sister. Since the last encounter she had with Sunrise, she didn't have the time— or the courage to look for her inside the Crown. Too coward to feel the loneliness that might sack her heart but with Death and Ruckus beside her, it gave her some comfort that she will be fine. She'll be sad but Death and Ruck will surely take it away.