Chapter 8

[MILD MATURE CONTENT]

***ELIAS WOLFE'S POV***

Two weeks.

It's been two fucking weeks since Mia and I have spoken a word to each other. Every time I would see her in class she wouldn't make eye contact with me and would completely ignore me. I fucking hate it. She would only talk to Dean. I hated that more. I was so rude to her for no reason. I had no business attacking her the way I did. I was in her business and trying to control her when it wasn't my place to. I'm not her boyfriend. That night when I dropped her off at campus, I really wanted to kiss her. But I didn't. Not only because it was inappropriate, but because I felt like I didn't deserve to kiss her after lashing out the way I did.

It's Thursday and everyone is starting to show up for class. I pretend that I'm doing something on my computer when really, I'm waiting for Mia to arrive. I feel like I should apologize for almost trying to kiss her. I don't know if she's uncomfortable or angry with me. I need to make things right, for the sake of my career. And myself. I finally see her arrive, talking to Dean, but I don't look up from my computer because I don't want anyone to catch me staring at her. She's smiling at whatever Dean is saying to her. She has such a beautiful smile. I want to be the one who makes her smile. God, what the fuck is wrong with me.

I try to ignore whatever their talking about, but then I hear Dean mention something about a birthday and my ears perk up trying to listen in on what they're talking about.

"So what do you plan to do for your birthday? It is next week you know." Dean says to Mia.

Mia's birthday is next week?

" I don't have anything planned and in all honesty, I don't really want to do anything. I told Kate that I just want to have a chill night in and watch movies. You should come along." There's a pause and then Dean speaks. "As much as I want to spend the night with you," I want to throw him across the fucking room. "Kate isn't going to allow you to stay in for your birthday. Now I don't know what she has planned, but be prepared to go out" I can almost here the smile in Dean's voice. I don't want to hear anymore of what they're saying so I clear my throat and begin today's lesson.

Once class is over and I dismiss them, Mia walks up to my desk. I have to try to hide the smile on my face by rubbing my chin and laying back in my chair. When I look up to see Mia, she isn't smiling, but she doesn't look angry either. That's good. Right?

"Miss Wells." I greet her.

"Sir" She greets back. Why did my cock twitch when she said that?

"Um," she clears her throat and breaks eye contact to fish through her bag for something. When she finishes, she takes out a flash drive. "I completed my project. I just wanted to give it to you now instead of the due date." She hands me the flash drive and I take it. Our fingers touch and there's a shock. I look up to see she's already staring at me, mouth lightly open. So she felt it too.

She clears her throat again and brushes her hair behind her ear. "Thank you. I'll look over it tomorrow." I say to her. She gives me shy smile in response. "I should get going. Have a good day Professor Wolfe." And she starts to walk out. Now is my chance.

"Mia, wait" I stand up from my chair and walk up to her. She turns back to face me. I stop right in front of her and I clear my throat before speaking. "Look, I'm sorry for what happened two weeks ago and trying to kiss you. I was inappropriate and very unprofessional and I promise that it won't happen ag—" But before I can finish my sentence, she kisses me.