𝟜𝟙 - ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪

James was unable to recall a time where he had felt so mentally exhausted

James was unable to recall a time where he had felt so mentally exhausted. In fact, he didn't think any word would be able to encapsulate how tired he truly felt. Within one evening, he had witnessed and experienced so many things he didn't think he ever would need to.

If this was how he felt, he couldn't even begin to fathom how exhausted Fi must feel.

Fi. The girl that had transitioned from being a foe, to a friend, to a sister, to a whole new identity. The girl he thought he knew, but clearly he didn't.

Strangely though; it didn't bother James in the slightest. Of course he wish he knew sooner, knew about what could have triggered any flashbacks or what would have comforted Fi. Holding a grudge wouldn't help anyone currently, especially not Fi. Instead now, he was determined to discover every little thing that made Fi happy in her prior life, and fill all those negative memories with positives at Hogwarts.

"Please. Stop. STOP."

A panicked female voice interrupted James' thoughts, the voice shaking yet rising more towards the end. It certainly wasn't his mother's voice. So that meant it had to be one other person. It had to be Fi.

Kicking his legs off of the bed, James grabbed a hold of his wand from the bedside cabinet as he stood. Even if he wasn't permitted to use magic outside of Hogwarts, one slightly strict rule was not going to stop him protecting his family. Rules were made to be broken.

Ophelia's room was situated next to where James' room was, this probably why he had heard her yells so clearly. If an intruder had of broken in he would have known, James was sure of that.

Which meant only one other option, and his answer was solidified once he had gently opened the door.

Knees pulled up to her chest and head buried between them was Ophelia. Short sniffles were heard, sniffles that were clearly being forced to remain as quiet as possible but proving a task.

"Fi." James spoke gently, feeling aware that if he spoke too suddenly it may startle her. Either way, the whisper did startle her, but possibly not as much as it could have.

"Hey Jam." Ophelia lifted her head from her knees, just making out James' silhouette in the door. Feeling grateful for the relative darkness that masked the redness around her eyes.

"Do you need a big brother cuddle?" James whispered back, deciding not to ask if she was ok, the answer evident in front of him.

"Please." Ophelia smiled at the question, even if James wouldn't be able to see it.

"Ok, incoming James." James reached his hands out to try and guide himself in towards the bed, once the door closed it was pure darkness. After a couple of stumbles and swear words he had managed to find his way there.

Ophelia shuffled slightly over on the double bed, knees still tucked up against her chest making the manoeuvre slightly clumsy. Once James had settled into one side, he quite literally yanked Ophelia towards him and pulled the duvet up around them both.