𝟝

James was walking down the hall his hands interlocked with Lily's when he spotted Regulus talking with his friend. He seemed happy, he was smiling. James wanted to make Regulus smile, he thought it was amazing to look at. It would probably be even better to cause.

"Someones staring wink wink" Barty said gesturing his head to a certain gryffindor who had been staring at Regulus since he had spotted him.

"Did you just verbally wink?" Regulus said before turning to see James they caught eachothers eyes before James quickly looked away. "Oh..."

"James love what are you staring at?" Lily asked even though she had seen him clearly staring at Regulus. She wasn't dumb she could see the way he smiled at him when he saw him in the hall. She just couldn't figure out why James seemed so intrested in the younger Black.

"Oh- no one, sorry Love. I should get to Potions" James let go of her hand and sped walk away even though they were walking to the same class.

"Hey mate wheres Lily?" Peter asked James when he walked in and sat down next to him.

"She's coming" James said with a tone that made Peter stop talking. He looked worriedly at Remus and Sirus in front of him. Who both gave concerned glances to James who was zoned out thinking about the way Regulus' silver eyes became brighter when he smiled and his laughter alone could make make him smile so widely. He wanted to make Regulus smile and laugh all the time when he was with him.

That confused him the most. Why him? Why did he want to be with Regulus so much. Just the thought of another night on the astronomy tower made him smile.

"PRONGS!" James quickly broke from his thoughts looking at Sirius who had been trying to get his attention for awhile now. "Mate Lily is clearly wanting to talk to you" he gestured to Lily who was staring at him with confusion and borderline desperation.

"I can talk to her after class" James replied the res of the mararuders looked at him incredulously. Lily had been the live of his life since 1st year and suddenly he couldn't seem to care about her. Something was definitely going on.

Regulus was in History Of Magic. He never was the person to not pay attention in class but today he was rather distracted by the thoughts of an annoying overexcited dramatic gryffindor and he couldn't figure out why. He wanted to see him again. He wanted to meet him on the astronomy tower again and talk to him so openly like he did the previous night.

~~~~~~~~~
Its starting

More chapters out this week