for dinner and crushes

I gaped at the heaven of food in front of me. Can I really eat all of this? I don't recognise any of the dishes but I think they're definitely Australian based. I think there's meat pies and lamb roast? It looks so delicious that I'm drooling.

"I hope you're fine with this. I don't really know how to cook korean dishes that well. Jake's father knows better."

"Hmm, no, it's fine. This looks delicious, Mrs Shim. I don't mind it."

We all sat down and started eating. As soon as I took the first bite of the roast, my eyes lit up.

"It tastes delicious too!"

Jake and his mom laughed softly making me feel embarrassed.

"Thank you sweetie."

I grinned and nodded, continuing to devour the heavenly food on my plate.

"Slow down cutie, you're going to choke..", Jake said softly, making me actually choke.

Jake handed me a glass of water and I gulped it down. I felt Jake rubbing my back, sending chills down my spine.

"Told you to slow down..", Jake said with a chuckle.

My mind was thinking dirty things that I don't think I can say to anyone. That was so embarrassing.

"So, Sunghoon, do you have any siblings? I think you're the youngest child.", Jake's mom guessed, my eyes went wide.

"How did you know? It is that obvious?", She giggled, shaking her head.

"It was just a guess. So an older sister or brother?"

"Brother. He's six years older. He recently came back from New york."

"Oh? Shouldn't you be catching up with him?"

I smiled and shook my head.

"He's probably here for awhile. I can always catch up with him. I will miss him when he goes back though."

"So you're close with your brother?", Jake asked me with with close-lipped smile.

"Yup! We might as well be twins.", I joked, giggling.

"I envy you.", Jake blurted out as I tilted my head in confusion.

"Hmm? Why? I thought you and your brother were on good terms?"

He scoffed and crossed his arms. Oh no. Did I say something wrong?

"We used to be. Until he left us without a goodbye to start a family with that stupid boyfriend of his."

"Shim Jaeyun! You can't speak of your brother and his partner like that.", His mom said sternly, making me gulp, scared of where this is going.

"Sunghoon is our guest. Let's not do this today, Jaeyun."

"Why not? I think Sunghoon should know how flawed we rich people are. We aren't a perfect family."

"I-"

They all looked to me as I gulped nervously but still decided to speak up.

"I don't think anyone can have a perfect family. I mean my family isn't perfect. My mother passed away when I was born and my dad was an alcoholic for a few years after her death so yes, a perfect family probably doesn't exist."

They kept silent and I took that as a sign to continue.

"Sometimes, I ask myself why do I exist when I hurt everything and everyone around me without realising it."

"Sunghoon...", Jake said softly and laid a hand on my mine.

I look at him with glassy eyes which took him by surprise.