Forty-nine

"Baby hurry up, before we miss the dinner reservations," I call out waiting at the front door

"Baby hurry up, before we miss the dinner reservations," I call out waiting at the front door. I watch as Lyla pranced down the stairs, looking as beautiful as ever.

Her pace picked up as she ran over to me and threw her arms around my neck, I spin her around before placing her back on her feet, "there's the birthday girl, you ready to go?" I ask.

Her smile says it all, and it lights up my life.

The yellow dress she chose looks stunning on her, and from her neck, perched the necklace I gave her earlier.

"Of course I am, I just had to grab a few things before we left," she smiled kissing my cheek before bending down putting on her black heels. Her arm interlocks with mine as we walk down the stairs, a black SUV waits for us at the bottom.

I see the driver come out to open the door and I shake my head, him immediately backing off. When we reach the bottom of the stairs I open the door for her, before closing it behind her. I walk around the vehicle and slid in beside her, her cheeky smile still on her face.

He was new, he didn't know that for her, I did everything.

"You know you didn't have to get a vehicle to drive us, East, we could've just driven there ourselves," she whispers as the vehicle pulls out of the driveway in the direction of Romano's.

"Only the best for you Ly," I mumbled, interlocking our hands.

She of course looks mostly out the window the whole car ride, watching the sunset and the clouds roll by. One of the best views was watching her face light up with joy as the clouds turned pink.

I was on edge, I made the reservations but I would have preferred to stay home with her. Word had gotten around quick that Damion's daughter was still alive, and several people had pinpointed Lyla in suspicion of being her.

I squeeze her hand and she squeezes mine back, her reassuring me that she's fine. I told her about it, and she didn't seem worried, she said that she wasn't his daughter and never would be.

She wanted to forgive Damion for what he had done, but she couldn't, even though she had always longed for a father she didn't want one under the circumstances that he had created.

I looked at my watch, as we pulled up to the restaurant. Only a couple of minutes late, I staggered around the car opening her door, "what a gentleman," she laughed hitting my chest.

She holds out her hand and I interlock our fingers, as we walk into the restaurant. I hear her whisper, "Almost like our first date."

Same place, but this time I had more memories with her.

Her words bring a grin across my face. I already see Dante, Megan, and Axel. A high-pitched squeal makes its way out of Lyla when she sees Megan and she runs over, embracing her in a hug.

"Happy Birthday Bitch," Megan practically yells, disrupting the whole restaurant.

Lyla gives a small wave and smiles at Axel and Dante before taking a seat.