Won't Take This Dance With You

"...Who knew I would be back at the school?"

Y/n lets out a huff, wearing his usual outfit used to perform in concerts, sitting on a chair as he takes a sip of his water.

Who knew he would come back to this school after graduating? He didn't but Kazehaya High paid good money to have him perform a bit for the school's prom. As of now, he had finished some dance and pop songs, his final performance will now be a slow dancing song.

If he was being honest, he didn't have any motivation since he found out a secret from one of the students. And what was the secret he found out?

It was his familiar kouhai, Nagatoro who was happily in a relationship with another boy in the school. If only he still didn't have these unfortunate love feelings for the girl, he could easily brush it off and just be happy for her.

But he can't.

Sure he was mad before when Nagatoro dropped all of this insults on him when she snapped at him but it all flew over him and he was in love with her again. It was like she was the one that Y/n needed all along and she was taken away from him in a snap.

If only I told her how I felt... Maybe it would've gone differently... Maybe she would've loved me more than anyone in this gym...

"Yo, Y/n..."

"What's up, Abel?" He broke his train of thought as Abel motioned him to the stage. "Time to sing the final song for the night..."

"I see... Alright..."

"You know what you're singing?"

"A slow dancing song?"

"Yeah... I was just making sure..." he saluted the boy and walked off stage and towards outside. Y/n sighs, the final song before he had to leave this school and continue his life without the girl he loved.

He gets on stage and everyone in the gym starts to cheer and applaud for their favorite artist, his eyes immediately lands on one of the kouhais that wore some familiar traits with a short white prom. She was waving to the boy but he ignores her, a slow song starts to play as everyone knew what this meant.

Every couple or friends lead each to the center of the floor and embraced each other, he only watched a specific couple that quickly pecked each others' lips and hugged close to each other.

All Y/n could do was tear up, that should've been him and focuses his attention to the instrumental that played in the speaker.

Slow Dancing in the Dark - Joji

Verse 1
I don't want a friend (just me)
I want my life in two (my life in two)
Just one more night

Waiting to get there
Waiting for you (all night)
I'm done fighting all night (waiting for you)

Pre-Chorus
When I'm around slow dancing in the dark
Don't follow me, you'll end up in my arms
You have made up your mind
I don't need no more signs

Can you?
Can you?

Chorus
Give me reasons we should be complete
You should be with him, I can't compete
You looked at me like I was someone else, oh well

Can't you see? (Can't you see?)
I don't wanna slow dance (I don't want to slow dance)
In the dark, dark

Verse 2
When you gotta run
Just hear my voice in you (my voice in you)
Shutting me out of you (shutting me out of you)
Doing so great (so great, so great)
You

Pre-Chorus
Used to be the one (used to be the one)
To hold you when you fall
Yeah, yeah, yeah (when you fall, when you fall)

I don't fuck with your tone (I don't fuck with your tone)
I don't wanna go home (I don't wanna go home)
Can it be one night?

Can you?
Can you?

Chorus
Give me reasons we should be complete
You should be with him, I can't compete
You looked at me like I was someone else, oh well

Can't you see?
I don't wanna slow dance (I don't want to slow dance)
In the dark, dark
In the dark, dark

With that, the song ends as the dj quickly switched up the song and played the "Cupid Shuffle", bringing the mood up with everyone rushing towards the center of the gym.

He could find the girl being swallowed by his underclassmen, sighing softly through his nose and heads out of view. He finds himself backstage while the music continues to play, seeing a story on one of the students in the gym.

It was of Nagatoro, laughing, smiling, having fun with her boyfriend along with her best friends who managed to grab their own dates. He wanted to smile as well but sees some of them were with just her boyfriend alone, kissing his cheek or his lips as he does the same back.

His hand gripped tightly, ready to hurl it across him but stops and calms down. The adrenaline rush stops abruptly in his head, his hand shaking before falling down by it's side.

Now was the time to go before he does something he regrets, walking out from the stage and towards the door that leads to the back of the school.

And there, was a limo. Tinted dark from it's window as he hops in the front and was met with a man who sung happily to his client's song. He sees Y/n get in and turns it down softly, smiling softly as he was in a good mood that Scourge was on the radio as usual.

"Did the performance go well?"

"Yeah..."

He sees the dull look on the boy's face and frowns a bit.

"Something wrong?"

"...Yeah..." Y/n whispers softly.

"...You wanna talk about it?"

"...No..."

The two were silent now, Abel pulls up near the main road and get a bit worried for the young kid. "You want me to bring you to Dairy King?"

Y/n stays stays silent, the thought of the girl still loitered in his mind. But, "...Yes please..."

Abel nods to his request and pulls out from the intersection near he school. The artist takes one last look at the large building that he graduated from as he starts to tear up.

"...Goodbye, Nagatoro..." he whispered, his gaze still pasted on the school until he looks back down at his lap and starts to sniffle softly.

Ending 5/35: Y/n doesn't confess and sees Nagatoro slow dancing with her new boyfriend.