Leaving from Obelian

I'm sorry for the late updated. I have some problem lately.

.................

"Hmm......"

I carefully look at the sparkling stone in my hand.

"Athy, you know what is this, right?"

Athy stops studying for a moment and turns her attention toward me.

"Isn't that the blue diamond that can be only found in Faunus empire?"

I nod at her and thought. Yes, this is a rare gem that is very expensive that you can't buy unless you are from Imperial or Duke family.

"You know, many of this stone was found inside Count Preston's mansion."

Athy asked back furrowing her eyes bows.

"You mean the culprit behind the case you handle."

"Yes."

Isn't this suspicious? If Faunus really was involved in human trafficking in Obelian, this can lead to a war between two empires. I'm confident that we won't lose but still there is no war that end without bloodshed.

"Is there a way for me to investigate about this without the knowledge of Faunus imperial family?"

When I mumble in a disppointed voice, Athy then said with a hum.

"We'll soon send a delegation to Faunus to attend the celebration banquet for the sucess trade."

I pause for a moment. After completing my thoights, I excitely said.

"I can go together with them!"

"If daddy allows you, that is."

A realization hit my head at Athy's words. After the accident with the second prince, daddy hates even the slight mention of them.

"I'll try to persue him."

Though, I'm not confident.

"Good luck!"

I wish so too, sob.....

....................

"I heard you are going to the Faunus with the delegation

"I heard you are going to the Faunus with the delegation."

I look up to see Ijekiel drinking his own cup of tea.

"Yes, I got the permission to go."

I smile satisfiedly reminding a certain memory. I don't know why but Ijekiel becomes gloomy seeing my smile.

"How long will you be staying there?"

"It won't be that long."

A sudden memory flashes through my mind.

I told my suspicious of Faunus empire to claude and that I want to personally go and investigate under disguise. After a long period, I got his permission but the problem didn't end there.

"Whatever the result is, return after two weeks."

Claude's words hit my head like a rock. Two week? How can I find evidence in that short amount of time?

"Three weeks!"

I stubbornly said back but Claude isn't one to be underestimated.

"One week!"

In the end, I was the one who lost.

"..........I'll just return in two weeks."

"Princess?"

I return to my sense at Ijekiel's voice.

"I aplogize. I was deep in thoughts."

I pick up my cup and slip my tea. The familiar lippe tea scent make my head clear.

"This may sound rude but can I ask....."

Ijekiel hesitately asked with a nervous expression so I put down my tea cup and look at him curiously. I put my arms on the table and lean my chin.......

"Are you interested in the second prince of Faunus?"

My hands slip and my head got hit with the edge of table because of the unexpected words.

"Ouch!"

I painfully groan rubbing my head where I got hit. Ijekiel surprisedly gets up from his seat and walks toward me.

"Are you alright?"

He asked touching the part where I got hit. I flinch because of the suuden touch.

"Physici....."

He raises his voice to call a maid but I cut him off.

"No need to call a docter. This isn't a big injure."

"But......"

When I hold my head up and said,

"I said there is no......."

I pause when I realize the position we are in. Ijekiel didn't seem to realize because he was focusing on my forehead. He is leaning toward me with his one hand holding the edge of table and another touching my forehead. I look at him dazzlingly leaning backward.

Too close! My heart is racing at a rapid pace. I think he can hear my heart pounding. My face begins to heat up and my ears and neck turn red.

"Princess? I heard a noise earlier."

Hanna enters with a plate of cookies in her hands and pauses when she saw us. She bows her head while blushing.

"I'm sorry for interrupting. I'll leave this here so please contiue what you are doing."

"No, this isn't what you thi...."

I tell hanna but she isn't in sight anymore. She is quick. Ijekiel then realizes our positions and quickly steps back.

"It wasn't my intention."

"I know."

I know but there will be some rumors among the maids tommorow. It isn't that I care but if daddy hears,......glup...

................

Felix accompany me to the Faunus empire under Claude's command. I oppose because I'm worried that something will happen to Athy. It has been peaceful until now but I don't know when will the bomb calls Anastasius will explode. It won't be wrong to stay alert since Lucas isn't here either. So, I leave Bella to watch over Athy and Daddy. Bella will protect them in my place.

"Be the blessing of the Fairy King upon the Faunus empire."

I greet in their language since I'm a guest. Don't you know the saying, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do." The crown prince of Faunus personally welcome us once we arrive.

"I'm the Crown Prince of Faunus, Grayson Theodore Faunus."

I was startled when I saw the crown prince. He has a plain face but gray hair and blue eyes. But that isn't the reason for my surprise. This guy, he has........no mana at all!

In this world, every people....no, living being has its own amount of mana. The difference is whether they can use it or not. And I'm able to sense even the little amount of mana but I sense nothing from him like he isn't exsist. This is my first time seeing a person with no mana.

"You must've been tired to travel all this ways. I'll escort you to your place."

He offers his hands to escort me and I awardly take it.

"I'll show you around the palace after you have rest."

"Thank you for your consideration."