Chapter Fifty

A couple minutes went by, as I watched one woman stand from being in the jury, holding a paper in her hands.

"We find the defendant, Jonathan Brian Y/l/n...."

I look up at Chris who's already looking down at me, his hand intertwined with mine. The next few words that this lady is going to speak will be words that shape my future, my marriage with Chris, my career and my unborn baby's life.

Nikki and Jensen are also holding hands, hoping that his horrible nightmare will be over. I have only ever been on JB's angry, scary side and I got to witness him play the 'dying sick victim' and I got a glimpse of his true persona, the evil mafia part. While they had to endure his manipulation, his cruelness, his tricks, everyday - especially Jensen who's been working for JB even before Chris and I were married.

All this trial stuff, my brother being arrested, me becoming pregnant, seeing my parents again - just made me want to go away from LA for a while. I want to pack my bags, have Dodger hop inside the car, have Chris be the driver of that car and for us to just go far away. I know that's not a healthy way of dealing with things but it's my way of coping and I've been reading in pregnancy books that stress is horrible for the baby.

Apart from wanting to get away, I have realized that Chris is an angel and I will never let him go. He's one of the good ones and I'm lucky enough to have been the 'chosen' one, I guess you could say.

As I look at Chris, Nikki and Jensen - I can't help but think of the future that all depends on the next few words that this lady is going to say, will it allow Chris and me to have a normal marriage and a normal life with our baby?

I just want to feel safe in my own home, and know that Chris is safe since his career moves him around a lot. I hope that my sister can go back to school and major in nursing so that she can live her dream, since she still is very young and full of life despite this traumatic event.

And for Jensen, everything that he's told me kind of makes me not hate him anymore. That 'date' where he was such a douchebag was really my brother's controlling him. He's also just another human that is trying to keep their family safe.

That's another thing, since when did Liam and Jensen's brother Jared fall into my brother's horrific threats? I won't allow anything to happen to Liam, not on my watch. He's my adopted father and the only one I have nowadays.

I was deep in my thoughts when Chris's hugging me sucked me back into reality, I looked over at my sister over Chris's shoulder - she was crying.

Jensen was comforting her the same way Chris was comforting me - his warm body and touch always made me feel safe

Jensen was comforting her the same way Chris was comforting me - his warm body and touch always made me feel safe. I guess I was so busy thinking about everything that my ears decided to turn off and miss the most important words that I needed to hear in order to permit myself to move on.

They took JB away in his orange jumpsuit, handcuffs tight around his wrist, that was all I saw before I put my face into the crook of Chris's neck - inhaling his crisp cologne. I didn't want JB's smug smirk burned into my mind so I turned away.