011

011

IVY COULD HEAR poker face by lady gaga playing. through her foggy vision she could identify herself to be in... a car? she was in the backseat of a car, a small car. there was the silhouette of a man in the front seat, bobbing his head along with the music and making very intricate hand gestures, but she couldn't recognize who it was.

she tried to sit up, but groaned when the slightest move made her head throb. if she had been kidnapped her attempt of silently escaping was gone. the man looked over his shoulder, his smile so bright and blinding it made ivy wince.

"ah, you're awake!" he said, turning down gaga's voice. he passed her a metal container. "take a bit of nectar and sit upfront, little missy. we've got lots to talk about."

okay, not a kidnapper, ivy thought. at least he isn't if he doesn't pull a hades with her.

with a sip of the godly drink, the daughter of aphrodite instantly felt better. her vision being clear and actually being able to have a grip of her surroundings. the man behind the wheel looked to be about eighteen, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and overall a good-natured vibe. ivy recognized him, mostly from glimpses of him when visiting olympus or rare appearances in demigod dreams. it was apollo.

"lord apollo?" ivy asked, crawling over to the front seat. she realized that they were not travelling on the road but above the sea. and given the luxury of the insides, it wasn't a small car but a sports car.

the god glanced at her with a grin. he pushed a bright yellow button that sat under the radio. apollo turned completely away from the steering wheel, looking at her directly. "you've grown up since i last saw you."

"uh, wha– we're going to crash if you don't drive!"

"don't worry, it's on automatic driving," apollo waved her off. "this is way more exciting than driving anyway!"

ivy didn't know an automatic driving mode even existent. for gods it did, apparently.

"so, um, you saved me from the explosion?" she asked, remembering everything that had happened. "are the others okay? did they make it off the ship? where are we going?"

the daughter of aphrodite found herself thinking about her friends. annbeth, percy, clarisse, gods even tyson. she had never been nice to tyson, even after he proved himself to be trustworthy. tyson had shown kindness and compassion, he wasn't like the monster that had killed her father.

"yes. yes. yes. we are on our way to your friends, but we don't have much time and there are other pressing matters, missy. so let me talk." apollo said, a scolded tone lingered in his voice. the kind a feather would use with a child.

ivy made a face but stayed quiet.

"i've got to explain this real fast– we have about 5 minutes– okay, so, you know your dad? arlo fitzgerald?" apollo said.

"yes, i know my dad. he's dead."

"i know he's dead, i'm a god, i know everything," he said smugly. "but your grandfather? elijah?"

she blinked. "i never knew him but– yeah, i guess. he was a surgeon, i think. why?"

apollo sighed, checking over his clock. "well, you see– not your dad, or your grandfather, but your great great great great great great–"