Chapter 16

"I was a burnt out star in the galaxy
Everyone else shines but me
And then you came and made me feel alive
From that lonely melody, I'm finally coming out."

JENNIE

I can't believe it! I'm the one who dragged her first but then she scored one on me?! How can I let this happen? How did she do that to me? And what the hell is wrong with this deviating heart of mine? Everytime I'm near her, it just goes crazy!

I can control my anger but not the madness towards Lisa, that's what I thought. I should really distance myself from her. She's dangerous. But does keeping my distance will really be of help? She must think I'm a coward if I ignore her intentionally, right? But isn't it the thing that is not surprising about me? Being a snob?

"Hello? Jennie? Earth to Jennie?"

"W-what?"

I spaced out again. Damn you Lisa! Damn these thoughts! Please get out of my head just this once! Or maybe forever!

"I was calling you but you didn't hear me. Is everything okay?"

We are at a private room in the nearest club. I'm with Irene, Wendy, Lia, and Mina. We are still waiting for Rosé and Jisoo.

"U-uhm yeah. How are you guys?"

"You already asked that question Jen," Wendy said while putting liquor in our glasses.

"What's bothering you Jennie?" Mina asked in her worried voice.

"Yeah. You never zoned out when you're with us," Lia added.

"Are you seeing someone?" Wendy asked teasingly.

"Seriously? Wendy? Me? Dating someone? No way!"

"Who's dating who?" Jisoo asked as she stood by the door.

"Dating? Who's dating? I'm excited to hear that! Go on spill the tea!" Chaeng added while walking in. My eyes widened when I saw the person who kept on messing my mind up. The very reason why I can't focus in everything I do these past few days. The root of this chaos in my head which was none other than Lalisa Manoban.

"You! What are you doing here?" I asked while pointing at the newcomer as if she was the most wanted criminal.

"Chill Jag-I mean Jennie-yah. I'm just here because they threatened me," Lisa said as she sat down in between Rosé and Jisoo.

"What did Lisa do to you that made you this angry Jen?"

It was Irene who asked. I saw how Lisa's eyes brightened when her gaze landed on the stunning woman beside me. Those eyes, she's looking at her with amusement?

"N-nothing!" I drank the tequila in one go. I coughed when I felt how it burnt my throat. Lisa chuckled when she saw how my face reacted to the liquor's bitter taste.

What's so funny? She's so full of herself. I'm starting to hate her more. For real!

"Easy Jen," Irene once said as she rubbed my back gently.

The party finally started. I talked with everyone nonstop, except with Lisa of course. I just missed my friends so much. They've been gone for a week and it made me feel like a loner, but not totally since that monkey kept bugging me. And when I say monkey, I'm referring to the tall blonde doll-like Lisa.