Faunus Empire

"Haa..."

I sign while throwing myself onto the bed. Seeing my gloomy expression, Felix asked worriedly.

"Is something on your mind, Princess?"

In an annoyment mood I am, I answer blantly.

"I found nothing."

Felix asked again still wearing his smile.

"For what, Princess?"

"I sneak into the palaces and the duke's mansions but I didn't find any evidence related to the case."

Do Count Preston really not relate with Faunus? But then how did he get that many blue diamond in his hands? If that old man didn't suicide himself, I could've already find out.

"You go there alone?"

"I didn't get catch."

"Princes..........."

Felix was going to nag me when a knock sound pops out. Felix walks toward the door and open it. I sit up from my bed and asked when Felix comes back. I was wondering what it is because Felix is puting such a serious face but......

"The crown prince invites the Princess to have tea with him."

"Is that so?"

I reply with a bored expression.

"Princess, please don't take this lightly. His majesty orders me to not let any pests come near you if I value my life."

I understand.

"That isn't my problem."

Ah! My thoughts and what I intend to say got mixed. I avert my eyes from felix who is looking at me with a tearful face and change the conversation.

"So, when did he invite?"

"He said that it's fine whenever the Princess is free."

"What?"

I give Felix a look of 'say it again.'

"The maid said the crown prince didn't mention the exact time."

I inwardly scream. Isn't that indirectly saying to come now? You Felix! You should say that first! I have to quickly change my clothes.

.................

"This is the garden of the main palace."

With the crown prince's guide, I tour around the palace. I have already secretly come here but let's just act like this is the first time. I walk around the garden full of colorful roses. I lean closer to the roses and smell them.

"You seem to like roses."

The wind blows behind me and my blonde hair fluttering like it is dancing. With a familiar rose scent, pleasant memories flash through my mind. Maybe that is why I let down my guide a little and answer honestly.

"My sister likes them very much. So do I."

"You seems to have a good relationship with your sister."

"Yes."

While peacefully enjoying the scent of roses, I froze in place. Muderous intent? I look around my surrounding but saw nothing suspicious. The crown prince asked worriedly seeing my strange behaviour.

"Is something wrong?"

I turn back toward him and smile formally not to show my thoughts.

"It is nothing."