Chapter 73: Yule Ball

Y/n Pov:

 "Now that I think of it, I don't know much about you Y/n" Draco said at the library later. "Hmm?" I responded not understanding what he meant.

"Let's ask each other any question, any at all and we have to answer" he said. I didn't know what to say. I hid too many secrets, my identity, me knowing Tom, and me being an orphan.

"I don't know about that.." I replied. A frown appeared on his face. "You know what, lets do it" I said changing my mind. I didn't want to lie to him, but I didn't want to turn him down either.

"I'll go first then" he replied, his smile returning. "What's your name" he asked. "Don't you already know?" I responded. "Let's start with basic questions" he replied. "Fine then, my name is Y/n Black" I said. My first lie.

"And what is your name" I asked. "Draco Lucius Malfoy" he replied. "What's your blood status?" he asked. "Does it matter?" I responded. "Not really, but for the sake of the questions" he replied. "My mother was a muggle born and my father was a pure blood" I replied.

"Y/n?!" I heard Pansy call me. "There you are, I should have known you would be in the library" she said spotting me. "Malfoy?" she said noticing Draco on the seat beside me. "Sorry to disturb whatever this is, but Professor Snape has called us to the  great hall, even the Gryffindors are coming" she said. "And excuse us Malfoy, but I really need to talk to Y/n, alone" she added eyeing me.

"Bye Draco, I guess I'll see you later" I replied. "That is if Pansy doesn't kill me for god knows what" I added giggling. He chuckled at what I had said. "See you later Y/n" he replied walking away.

"What is going on with you both! Did something happen last night?! Tell me everything" she whisper-yelled as we walked to the great hall. "I'll tell you, but on one condition" I replied. "Don't tell anyone" I added. "Fine, but tell me" she replied. "Draco and I kissed last night" I said smiling.

"What the you kissed-" "Quiet, Harry's coming" I said covering her mouth. "Hey Harry" I said removing my hand from Pansy's face. "Sit with me?" he asked. "Are you with Potter?" she asked. "Sure, considering Blaise is over there" I replied ignoring her question. A blush crept onto her cheeks as I said his name. "You look pink P" I whispered into her ear before walking away with Harry.

"I have gathered you all today for a tradition that goes back centuries" Professor Mcgonagal announced as everyone settled down. "I am proud to announce that Hogwarts will be hosting the Yule ball for this year" she continued.

"The houses of Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor have honored this tradition for more than five hundred years, and I will not have you little tykes dishonor it" Professor Snape said eyeing a few of the boys.

"The yule ball has been done for centuries, and is always started with the champions and their partners. The dance is the champions waltz, which I will demonstrate" Professor Mcgonagal announced. "Mr Weasley if you will" she said looking at Ron.

The Weasley twins started snickering and I tried hard to hold back my laughter as Ron danced extremely uncomfortable with Professor Mcgonagal. "Thank you Mr Weasley, and now everyone, partner up and practice" she said flicking her wand.

I felt this magnetic force pull me to the floor and to Ron. "This is a million times better than what I just experienced" Ron said as we started to dance. "I'll admit, you looked very uncomfortable, but you did dance well" I replied. "Thank you"he said smiling. "Although the twins and I are never going to let you live this down" I said giggling. "I expected that" Ron replied.