~ Chapter - 22 ~

(About the picture- Little Elijah and Aria.)

- I L A R I A - 

"What the hell!" Xander shouted before rushing to his twin and pulling him behind himself protectively. An angry Elijah is a scary Elijah. We all know it well enough to not mess with him when he loses his temper. It's terrifying. It's like he becomes another person.

"Why are you being such a prick! There is no need to get physical!" Xander yelled and for once I agree with him.

"Shut up! I have told you two so many times to leave me alone! Which part of it do you not understand!" Lijah yelled.

"He was just kidding!" Xander yelled back.

"Oh it surely didn't seemed like it." He chuckled humourlessly.

"Because I wasn't! I wasn't kidding! I mean every word I said! Because that's the freaking truth. Out of nowhere, you are here playing all nice and sweet and you think we are gonna fall for your stupid act?" Xavier yelled in frustration. I swear he has a death wish today.

Elijah started taking steps towards him fuming in anger and Xander gulped whereas Xavier being the stubborn dumb idiot he is kept up with his attitude.

"What problem do you have even if I'm acting?" He growled.

"My problem is that you are trying to make us the bad guys in the whole situation. You are trying to be good in her eyes and also Mom's when you are not." Xavier said heating up the arguement more. What a nice way to celebrate my 15th birthday. It would have been better if I stayed back at Kiara's. I should've listened to Carmella. They yelling was increasing by each passing minute and something told me they are about to get violent very soon.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?" Xander asked all of a sudden. It took me a moment to realise the question was actually directed at me.

But why would I say something? What do he expect me to do? Go and stand in front of Lijah when his eyes are literally screaming murder? No thanks, I ain't sucidial.

"Don't involve her in this now. She has nothing to do with this." Lijah said. I let out a relieved sigh.

"Well if you use your brain, dear brother, she is the main reason for this." Xander mocked. I bit my bottom lip. I should've expected this. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

"Are you really that blind Xander? Can't you see what you are doing even now? Have you ever thought about this? We all were so happy, do you never think why it got like this? Why we got like this? We are practically turning into strangers living under the same roof! You can't see her hurting! You can't see Mom hurting! You can't see Dad hurting! Do you even think of anyone else's feelings than yours!" Elijah yelled.

"You aren't any better! You were doing the same thing at us! Don't try to guilt-trip us now!" Xavier yelled back. My heart was pounding really hard. I just stood there my mouth shut and my fist clenched.

"And do you think I don't know that! I know what I was doing was bad, probably worst out of us all. But at least I'm trying to change it. Please, just please, let me try!" Elijah shouted but this time his voice was laced with desperation and not anger. His eyes were welled up in tears and I could tell he was trying really hard not to break down. At least not in front of us. I can't even recall the last time he cried. I don't think I ever saw him cry. Mom told me once that he cried when I was born. She told me he was beyond happy to get a little sister at last. I watched quietly as he rushed up the stairs and slammed his door shut.

I started going to my room too when Xavier grabbed my upper arm and harshly pulled me back. I stumbled when he pushed me to stand in front of me.

"Are you happy now? Huh? First Mom now Lijah! Who's next? Xander? You are gonna turn him against me too?" He spat. His was looking scarier than ever. I wanted to yell at him and beat him until I have no power left but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's easier said than done.