Chapter 1

In Chennai,

At Jiya Hospital,

"Unnati I think this Ventilator needs to be serviced yaar...it's not calibrating properly"  one of the nurses called out to Unnati. Unnati peeks out from behind one of the ventilators kept in the storage room "Yeah I will have a look at it Janani... let me just finish calibrating this one". "Okay Unnati I have to go yaar...see you at lunch" Janani says and leaves. Unnati completes servicing the ventilator and goes out of the room. Just then her friend and junior doctor Deepak goes to her "Hey Unnati", she smiles looking at him "Hey Deepu". He looks at her "Are you done here.. let's go break time", he holds her hand and was about to take her from there but she stops him "Aree wait let me handover the keys and come", they both go and handover the keys and go to the cafeteria.

Both of them were sipping their tea, Unnati was lost in her thoughts, Deepak notices that "Hey what happened", she just shakes her head. He urges her to tell "Come on tell na.. something's definitely bothering you", she keeps looking at the tea cup in her hand "It's about my friend Akshara.. we have been friends ever since school started.. she doesn't want to get married but her parents are forcing her...I tried talking to her parents but they are not listening to me also". He sips his tea and looks at her "But why are they forcing her", she looks up at him "Her dad is a business man like yours..well not a hotelier...he owns an IT firm... They want to get her married to the Chakravarthy's younger son but she loves Shiva.. they are not accepting him just because he isn't a big shot businessman like them".

Deepak gets interested as soon as he hears about the Chakravarthy's "Chakravarthy's younger son.. did you see him?", she shakes her head "No Deepu...I tried searching on the internet.. all I got was that he is a doctor nothing...and her parents are not even letting her see his photo..he's our last hope", he just nods. She then gets an idea and looks at him "Hey Deepu your dad must be knowing the Chakravarthy's right... You must be knowing him right.. anything about", he smiles "If I had known him then I would have definitely told you.. he's too private about his life...even I don't know him...all I know is he is in Mumbai" she sighs. He looks at her "Hey don't worry we will find a way out for your friend", she shakes her head and sighs "How?... the marriage is in 2 weeks.. she is the only one I have close to a family.. and I'm not able to do anything for her". He takes her hand in his "Hey Chill.. I'll help you out..now smile", she gives him a small smile.

Later in the evening, Unnati was at her home, a 1BHK house she had rented, she had just reached home from the hospital. She freshens up and makes a coffee for herself, just then the door bell rings, she opens the door smiling knowing who it would be. As soon as she opens the door two girls of 13-14 years of age run to her and hug her "Akka", they were her neighbours Harshitha and Divya. She smiles looking at them "Girls girls calm down", she takes them in, she took science tuitions for them. They three sit down in the living room, Divya looks at her book and then turns to Unnati "Offo Akka..this physics has made my life hell...I'm never taking science after my 10th", Harshita laughs "Akka for her physics maths history geography... everything makes her life hell.. don't mind her.. and keep waiting she is going to take science only after 10th".

Unnati smiles seeing both of them, Divya glares at Harshita "Shut up harshi... You see I'm not going to take science.. I'm going to take commerce", Harshita laughs again "And then you will come and tell commerce and economics are making your life a hell", Divya rolls her eyes at Harshita "we'll see". Unnati looks at them "Okay okay girls... Enough... Study whatever you want after 10th.. nobody is forcing anything on anyone...First let's finish 10th", they both nod. She teaches them some concepts in physics and lets them study while she goes to bring some snacks for them. "Nooo this is correct..", "Noo Divu..it's not how it's done..see you have to do it like this", "No Harshi this is correct" they had again started their fights.

Unnati was looking at them from the kitchen smiling, they reminded her of herself and Akshara, even they used to fight like this over everything but like these two even they both were best friends, Akshara had been the one constant person in her life from her childhood. She smiles remembering their memories, but then remembers that right now her Akshu is in trouble, her parents weren't even letting her go out. She wanted to do something but she wasn't sure what to do, she was trying her best to find out about the Chakravarthy's younger son but the information she was getting was equal to nothing. What do I do.. all of us are trying but we are not getting any information... doesn't he want to know the girl he is getting married to.. so weird he is...doesn't even try to meet the girl.. he got ready to get married without even knowing anything about her...uncle is also not showing his photo...I don't think I can be at peace until I get a solution for this.

Once both the girls leave, she goes to make dinner for herself, her dinner was mostly either Maggie or Dosa. She couldn't cook even if she tried to, she would end up either burning the food or herself, she was glad that she hadn't burnt down the house everytime she tried to cook. She sighs looking at the Maggie in her bowl, is it always going to be like this.. will there be no change...no Unni don't think about this...it's not going to help you in any way.. you have lived like this so many years...let it be.. life changes for everyone when it has to...let's wait.

She finishes her Maggie and takes out her books, she was doing her MBA in hospital and healthcare management along with running 'Hayat Services', she looks at her books but today she didn't feel like studying, a lot was running in her mind, she wasn't able to concentrate on what was written in the book. She just closes the book and lies down but sleep was far away from her eyes, she takes out her phone and again tries searching for Chakravarthy's, she had got the name of their elder son 'Ayush Chakravarthy' as he was the present CEO of 'Blue Moon group of hotels'. She tries searching for him on social media platforms and she had got a match on one of the platform. She was searching in his friends list for anybody else with the same last name.

There were many but one got her attention, it was 'YashChakravarthy', most of the accounts were public but this one was a private account, even the display picture was not of a person but of a beach, a picture of the tides hitting the shore. Well this seems different.. probably he is the Chakravarthy's younger son.. he seems different..everybody has so many followers and all their account are public...but this one very few.. even his display picture is different...I didn't know even men put such pictures as their display picture.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini