| nine ; jin-woo's retesting

the shadow in the light

chapter eight ; jin-woo's retesting

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"a little progress each day adds up to big results"

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

i hope i'm not late! i thought as i hurried into the car. i swear if someone tries to make jin-woo join their guild before i even step into the building, i will commit arson >:D

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────

"the next person can come inside." the employee said as she ushered one of the awakened hunters out of the room.

she smiled as she looked at the older man sitting next to jin-woo, "are you feeling a little ill?"

"no, it's not that..." the man answered shakily. "i'm a bit nervous right now so...would you like to enter first?"

"sure," jin-woo said and stood up.

jin-woo followed the lady into the room and closed the door behind him.

"what is your name?" the lady asked in a business-like manner.

"sung jin-woo," jin-woo answered.

"are you being re-evaluated?" she asked as she saw that he had already gotten an e-rank.

"yes."

"please place your hand on the black crystal and wait." she instructed. jin-woo nodded his head and placed his hand on the black crystal.

it lit up as it measured his magic level. the lady looked at her screen and saw an error. "just a moment. we'll try again."

an error appeared again as she kept trying over and over. "huh? this has never happened before. i'm sorry, we'll try once more."

she kept pressing the screen but the word error kept appearing on the screen. "what's wrong with this machine?"

"what? where's chang-sik and why are you alone?" manager jung gi-soo asked as he entered the room.

"he left for a washroom break."

"that guy...leaving his post during the busy hours..." the manager responded and walked over to the machine, "so what's wrong?"

"there's something wrong with the detector. look, i keep getting an error." she said and pointed to the screen.

manager jung gi-soo's jaw dropped as his expression froze up. "how long have you been working here?"

"it's been about six months...did i do something wrong?"

six months...this hasn't happened since cha hae-in about two years ago, and this is the first time since then. it's not surprising the newcomer doesn't know.