Chapter- Twenty one

ALONZO'S POV:

I got out of her room, as she stood away, closing the door. There was an awkward silence between us that made me irritated. Why did she call me after what happened in my office? I'm not going to give her another chance after what she said about Blossom. There's no forgiving. My phone rang once again while I was heading towards my room. I took it out and found her calling again.

I placed it on the living room couch while picking up my coat and left it there, ringing. I'm enough frustrated and I'm not willing to hear from her.

TWO DAYS LATER
ROSLYN'S POV:

There's something really unpredictable going on in this house. Everyone remains so quiet around me and tries to talk about limited things at once. I can feel something is going on.

I scratched the back of my neck, yawning while my eyes were fixed on the laptop, going through every single word of the paragraph. This has so many grammar errors, another reason why I shouldn't write while I'm almost sleeping.

Alonzo spends most of his time in his office, like usual and that makes me feel something.. uneven. I don't want to sound desperate but.. I like it when he's with me. I feel much better, even though he never missed a chance to go from sweet to all intimidating in less than a second. I never felt something this way, craving attention, like being around, until now. I hope I'm not developing another personality disorder.

I picked up my phone and decided to play music while I'm free and take a break. I haven't talked to Theo or Liam for so long, probably five days. I think I should call them since they won't bother to do so. Busy people.

I dialed Liam's number and waited patiently for him to pick up. He picked up on the last ring.

“What do you want? ” he mumbled in his sleepy voice, someone still snoring in the background.

“Oh! You were sleeping. Sorry. But anyways, how are you?” I asked, waiting for him to reply. All I could hear was breathy noises.

“Liam! LIAM! WAKE UP, I WANT TO TALK TO YOU.”

“Hmm.. What? ” he replied, still uninterested in what I was saying. Here, I want to share something with him and he's not even paying attention to me.

“I thought you would be interested in knowing about what happened with me but -” I began but he cut me off in between,

“Huh? What happened?" his voice became attentive all of a sudden. Look who's up for the tea.

“I am not talking to Weston anymore. I realised why you people didn't like him. ” I stated, my face dropping a little, remembering that time.

“Did you-? Thank God! Finally you understood. I'm feeling so relieved. But hold up- did you really do that or just fooling me? ”

“I did. I know you don't believe me. ”

He sighed in peace, thanking the universe for slapping some sense in me.

“So, how are you wasting your time now? I'm sure boss won't let you out after that message. ” he uttered, his last words coming out so reluctant. He paused uncertainly.

What's the message? I think I heard Kai talking about an invitation from ‘them’. Is this related? I narrowed my eyes, questioning him,

“What message? ”

He didn't reply to my question and yawned, mumbling back,

“Alright, It's getting late here, I'll talk to you later, minikin. Good night or day whatever. ”