31.) you win or you die

Cal

"No amount of me trying to explain myself was doing any good

"No amount of me trying to explain myself was doing any good. I didn't even know what was going on inside of me, so how could I have explained it to them?"

-Sierra D. Waters, Debbie

"I don't want to do this." Tris whispered to me, I looked at her confused and she looked down at her hands. "Tris, we are innocent, there's no secrets." I whispered back and she shook her head. "Don't make me do this, Cal." She begged me which made me furrow my eyebrow, she let out a sigh then backed away from me as one of the guards injected the serum into my neck. "May the truth set you free." Jack said to me.

The serum immediately made my body felt it was hot and I walked up to the middle of the podium then turned to face Jack. My heart began to race as people stared at me and I took in a sharp breath as I felt like my ribs were being poked by needles.

"Calypso Matthews. You are currently accused of conspiracy on the attack against Abnegation and Dauntless, how do you plea?" Jack asked me, so I cleared my throat and made my hands into fist trying to ignore the uncomfortable pain. "Not guilty." I answered truthfully then Jack took a step closer to study me and I looked to Four who gave me a reassuring expression. "So, your accounts for murder is hearsay?" He asked and I bit the inside of my cheek as sweat built up on my forehead.

"Hearsay...No." I answered a bit breathless then my breathing became pants and I swallowed harshly. "I-I did kill. I killed." I added as memories of Will's body falling over mine and his blood on my hands. "You did kill an innocent?" He questioned then I looked down at my hands to see Will's blood on them.

A gasp escaped my lips and I looked up to Jack, he looked surprisingly worried.

"Yes."

Everyone remained quiet at my answer and I felt my eyes tear up hearing that knife pierce through Will's flesh, it made me squirm. "Who did you kill, Miss Matthews?" He questioned slightly tilting his head. I take in a deep breath blinking the tears away and my throat felt like somebody was choking me, I was fighting back the truth.

"Who did you kill?" He asked again and I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"I killed...I killed Will." I said barely above a whisper, but I knew Jack heard me from the expression on his face. "Why did you kill him?" He questioned and I inhaled deeply. "He was under a sim, I tried to stop him," I began to explain and cleared my throat to stop the itchiness inside. "When my efforts did not work, I made him fall and the knife went through him." I added then looked down at my feet.