[90]

TW: Last chapter :(((

"Okay, okay, okay- Everyone! Listen up!" 

As Taeyong clambered onto the table, everyone's eyes landed on him. He held the wine glass high above his head, an ear-to-ear smile plastered on his lips.

After subtly clearing his throat, he began speaking. "I want to make a toast. Not only to Donghyuck, who's turned 21 years old today, but also to Chanyeol who was finally able to deal with all of our legal shit after a whole 2 weeks!"

Loud cheering, clapping and whistling erupted as Chanyeol raised his hand, laughing along with Johnny, whom he'd become quite close with.

"And of course- all of you have been so amazing and helpful over the past month or so as this shit was going down. I, Taeyong, thank everyone in this room. We wouldn't have been here if it weren't for all of you."

"Don't you dare cry on us!" Someone yelled out, causing NCT to simultaneously giggle and Taeyong to wipe a fake tear for dramatic effect.

"So yeah, that's it on my part. Cheers to us all!"

Dozens of glasses clanked, the subtle yet energetic music resumed, and so did the talking of everyone in the room.

Soomin tried to hide her pained choking as the alcohol burned her throat when she sipped on her drink. Donghyuck began laughing beside her.

"We've been partying for the last 2 weeks, yet you still can't handle your alcohol." He lightly nudged her in the side, and Soomin rolled her eyes.

"At least I won't have severe liver problems when I'm older, am I?" She retorted spitefully, only for Donghyuck to wrap his free arm around her waist and lean in.

"Thank god I'll have you to help me with them then." He whispered in her ear, an instant blush appearing on the girl's cheeks as she softly smacked him on the chest.

"Omg, stop it."

"How are you two lovebirds?" Chanyeol appeared presumably out of nowhere, already having re-filled his glass.

"Amazing thanks to you. I can't thank you enough for helping us." Soomin smiled at him.

"No need to thank me. I'd do everything for my baby cousin." Chanyeol retorted with a kind grin. "Besides, that Sunwoo guy or whatever was a total dickhead, I'm glad that we got there in time to stop the wedding."

"Yeah, same here." Soomin replied, leaning onto Donghyuck's side.

"Are you going away for another 2 weeks again? C'mon man, give yourself a break." Donghyuck said, only to receive a bitter laugh in return.

"I'd love to, but work calls. I've already taken all of my available time off for this year, so I'm not so free. Though we should definitely get a drink sometime, you know, to bond as future-basically-brother's-in-law." Chanyeol winked, and Soomin couldn't have gone redder as Donghyuck let out a quiet chuckle.