Chapter 71 - 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬

Jax's Point Of View

I had warmed up to her quite a lot compared to a hell of a lot of other people. She was always there at the corner of the room waiting to interfere if she had to. I saw her in her business meetings multiple time now and she has all the power and control. People respected her for building her power from nothing and that was a very much envious trait that people would kill to have. She had it with no ease except from her hard work. A very much admirable woman.

Now, she was curled up in my bed holding to my body; warm and cosy. She was drop dead gorgeous. I think partly the reason was because she was asleep. So, she looked so peaceful and calm. Maybe I should choke her for ruing my life. That'll teach her a lesson. But hey she helped me get over my fear of heights so maybe I'll give her a second chance.

She started to toss and turn over and over again rubbing her eyes open so that she somewhat awoke.

"Good morning, Nem."

"Ughhhh, get lost."

"You're so nice."

"Wake up right now so we can have break- "but before I could even fish off my sentence, I had a gun held at my temples. For more clarification, Nemesis had a gun at my head.

"Fuck. Off." She stated then dropped her head back onto the pillow and didn't move. She could have possibly looked dead if you looked from a different point of view. I chuckled and got into the shower. I wore a suit and left to go the warehouses.

As soon as I walked in, I spotted Fel ix having a chat with Sloan. Sloan had recently been caught up about the new shipment that went missing as he was off on holiday and finally came back. He was one of the men that I could leave my life in and he would do everything in his power to save me.

"Boss." Both of them had greeted me.

"Felix. Sloan. Felix, mind telling me what exactly you had told Reina to do yesterday morning?"

"Uh, yeah you know Boss, I think the chickens are flying so I'm going to go check on them. All right?" and just like that he had turned away and speed walked out of the door. Sloan had simply chuckled.

"You find that funny?"

"Yeah, kind of. Can you blame me?" I just groaned at the total fact that I have a bunch of morons working for me even if they were the best in the industry.

"Follow me to the office." We both walked to the office.

"What the hell has happened to the shipment?" I commanded.

"They knew about it. We have a rat. Most likely the- "

"Suppler." I interrupted him.

"God damnit."

"What are you going to tell the Russian?"

"What they only need to know."

"They're picky on time Jax you know that."

"They're also family in case you don't remember but that's my cousin. So, either way, he'll put up with it."

"You should make the phone call then."

"Mmmhm, leave."

I took my phone call and dialled Dimitri's number.

"Jax Martinez. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Business purely business."

"Uh uh carry on."

"We have a rat who snaked and now the shipments gone."

"The shipment you were going to sell to me." I didn't know what to take of that tone.

"Yeah."

"Any suspicions?"

"The supplier. Only my closest men knew about it."

"Your closest men may be the rat, брат (brother)."

"Yeah, anyway changing the topic from that how's your fiancée"

"A fucking pain in the ass. Doesn't stop pushing any of my buttons."

His fiancée was Moya Vitiello. The Italian Mafia psycho. Crazier than any of the dons in that regions. She's known as the Dead Queen. The batshit crazy woman who doesn't mind killing anyone. Dimitri told me about how their first meeting was her shooting her brother and wanting to kill her dad. She most definitely was crazy but in the long run I think she was the right match for Dimitri. Both were psychos.

"will the big bad Dimitri fall in love for once?" I teased him.

"Right." He was rolling his eyes and I could feel it from a whole continent away, "you must have a girl by now, Jax no?"

"Yeah, there's one but anyway I got to go." I responded and cut the phone call abruptly as I recalled I have some business at the fight club but before then I got to see Steven to fix up another lie detector test for the supplier to come and do it.

I walked into the fight club and saw both Nem and Angelo in the ring. How does this always happen?