Chapter 16

"Let's talk in here" Rhode lead you all into the next office over where you took a break and explained the situation to him.

"Two aliens came for the stone last night" Wanda started, deep in thought over the event.

"We fought them off though" Natasha reminded.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhode questioned as he looked at a hologram of the two people who you had recently fought.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda added the reminder.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce questioned, taking the lead.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest." Natasha explained the situation to him.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked next, confused as he had been missing for years since Ultron attacked.

"Ant-Man." Steve stated casually.

"Yeah, he's pretty cool" Pietro gave his opinion on the man.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Bruce was beyond confused with how much the avengers had grown in his leave. "Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... he gets... Vision's Stone." He got back on track with your original problem.

"Well then, we have to protect it." Natasha was determined to keep her fellow avenger safe, human or Android. You nodded along, knowing your sister really loved Vision and you couldn't watch her heart get broken.

"No, we have to destroy it." Vision stated looking out of the window towards the back of the group. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail. "He walked towards Wanda with his suggestion.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation." Wanda told him sadly and quietly.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision reminded.

"That's too high a price." Wanda protested.

"Only you have the power to pay it." He told her, cupping her face in his hands as they both stared into each other's eyes. Pietro interrupted their moment by clearing his throat, causing Wanda to walk away from Vision slightly. "Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him." Vision continued to the rest of you.

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve reminded him sternly.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" He walks towards Steve this time.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another." Bruce cut in with a concept.

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda perked up with interest at the idea.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Natasha wondered.

"Not me. Not here." Bruce sighed.

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhode said.

"And this threat is coming soon" you reminded as worried looks filled with thought spread onto everyone's faces.

"I know somewhere." Steve stated after thought.

~~~

Pietro scoffed, looking at your sister being lovey dovey with her boyfriend across from you both on the Quinn jet.

"Pietro, she's happy with him. Can't you at least try to be supportive?" You scolded his behaviour.

"She's my little sister and so are you" he protested.

"Yes and you need to support her choices"

"Fine" he huffed in defeat.

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." Steve instructed Sam who was piloting the jet to Wakanda.

"I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam commented flying towards the trees and breaking through to see a beautiful city of advancement. He had landed the jet on a designated platform where you walked off to be met with the king and the Dora Milaje, his personal guards of female warriors.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked Rhode while you walked behind them.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhode stated as if they should obviously bow to him.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve said as he shook hands with T'Challa. Bruce clears his throat from off to the side and bows down.

"What are you doing?" Rhode questions with fake shock.

"Uh, we don't do that here." Tchalla waves it off. Rhode smirks at Bruce as he shoots him a look before you all start walking off again. "So how big of an assault can we expect?" Tchalla started the real conversation.

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault." Bruce cut through to tell him about his worry for the attack.

"How we looking?" Natasha asked Tchalla calmly.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." Tchalla lead you to see a smiling Bucky who walked out to greet you all.

"A semi-stable, 100-year-old man." Bucky says as he and Steve hug while Wanda and Vision are taken off to the facility before the rest of you.

"How you been, Buck?" Steve questioned with honest worry.

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky shrugged back with a little chuckle.

——————————————
Question of the day: whose your favourite character from infinity war?