19. Planning Next Move

SCARLETT

I sat down at a corner on the cold bathroom floor and leaned against the wall. The plush big place adorned with opulent amenities that include a jacuzzi, is too bright for my bleak fate as of now.

That reminds me of the rainy night when Rae came to my house in her lambo and helped me. Well today I made certain arrangements to buy myself a new lambo, from my own money.

My dealer sent me few models and I finalized the Aventador SVJ one. Tomorrow, I'll have it at my home, which excited me in the noon.

The satisfaction and happiness I obtained is priceless. It's not the happiness for my new possessions but for my capabilities.

Yet now, even that happiness is lost in this coldness.

I'm shivering here and that man is sleeping tranquilly. It was really a bad decision to be kind. My kindness always stabbed me back. People say it gives peace, but in my case the opposite seems true.

I came here to ease his pain and ironically ended up in pain myself. Rachael is happily sleeping with Alex and Amy with Dylan.

They might be thinking I'm in my room. Actually no, why would they even think of me? They're busy with their soulmates.

Even Aaron too is at peace after destroying mine.

I never ever backed out from beating the hell out of any person, who tried to use force against me. Today however, I felt bounded by invisible shackles, that pulled me back from hurting him. It was the pain reflected by those eyes that hypnotized me.

It wasn't my fault, it has never been.

Maybe, I deserve all this for loving him at some point of time, a time which had sweet memories of my life.

#####

AARON

I was awoken by the sunrays that entered the room through the broken window. I looked around to see the whole room muddled. Nothing new to me.

I looked at the clock showing 7:47 a.m. and rubbed my temples. My head is paining like hell.

I closed my eyes to recollect last night's happenings.

Oh shit! Scarlett!

I immediately rushed to the bathroom to see her recumbent against a corner. Her clothes still appeared partially wet. My madness sometimes goes beyond limits, but she shouldn't have come to me.

I slowly walked to her and crouched beside. She looks too innocent in sleep. This is the face I fell in love with. Who could imagine there's a wild lioness lurking behind that angelic face? I chuckled at the thought.

Today is my birthday, the day when she left me. When Alex reminded me yesterday, I just couldn't control myself. To ease my pains, I took help of drinks to escape from reality.

Despite that, the old recordings replayed themselves in my memories and I destroyed everything I could lay my hands on, be it a glass, or Scarlett.

I locked her in bathroom last night, under the effect of alcohol and anger, a mistake that I'm so sure she would try to make me pay for.

Should I feel guilty? No! I can't fall weak again. I won't let her fool me again.

Still, I wonder why she didn't fight like her usual self, yesterday. She could've broken whole body of any random man who would've tried to do it in my place. Yet for me, she held back.

I sighed and caressed her soft cheek. I was caught off guard when her eyes opened and a punch landed on my cheek. There she is, back again.

She immediately got up and left the place without a word.