72: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Dream's muscles stopped from moving her hand that is holding the fruit. She is mesmerized by the scene.

The Old Wisteria tree that she only seen in her dreams is now in front of her with it's full glory and magnificence. In her dream, the tree is beyond words to describe but adding Dia on the tree is another case of fantastical view. The boy looks just like as she remembered. No, he looks exactly the same as the last time she saw him.

"This place does not have time." Dream unconsciously said to herself.

"More eating and less talking, child." The owl pushed more fruits towards her.

"N-no, I cannot eat th-"

"Shh! Zip it and eat." The owl shows that it's priority right now is to replenish Dream.

"You are a growing child and you used your power for the first time. Listen to this great being and take care of yourself first."

But to make Dream stopped her curiosity, Night decided to explain.

"You are right, this place does not have time so you do not have worry about anything."

"B-but outs-" a fruit got shoved to her mouth, filling up the insides of her cheek.

"That is not something a child like you to worry about."

Dream silently chew the fruit in her mouth. She decided that probably, listening to the owl for now is the best thing to do.

She looked down to herself, and saw the mess that she is. Her eyes was saddened by the sight. Not because her dress is ruined but because she is covered by someone else's blood.

Dream thought that this should be the last time this should happen. Being covered by someone else pain is not a good feeling.

The owl intently observed Dream who is looking down at her attire. The owl is relieved that the trauma of what happened is not affecting the girl as gravely as it was.

Night thought that this child is indeed a reincarnated soul, how else could a soul endure so much unfortunate events in short period of time. Though it made Night sad as it recalled Clover's words, 'No one should get used to being in pain. The consequences of such is too damaging for a soul. An adequate amount of everything is the right formula for a great life. An unbalanced scale is the best formula for unhappiness.'

Night spread it's wings and started to fly around the wisteria tree. Dream watched the magnificent winged creature until it briefly disappeared. It then came back with a bunch of clothes on it's beak.

"Grab it little one."

Dream open up her arms to catch the clothes. Upon inspection, it is tattered and old but it is clean.

"Sadly, all the stuff we prepared for our journey, was left behind in that shed. I do not think we can go back to get them."

Dream look back and forth to the clothes and the owl.

"What? I know they are old fashioned but they are better than that bloody dress."

"No.... T-thank you so much for this clothes, b-but our journey?" Dream is confused.

"What!!" The magnificent bird spread it's wings with so much force and the shoved it's round face (or body, it is all in one place (ha ha ha)) to Dream's face and she can see the moon seals in it's pupils. "We been preparing a lot! For this and I even shared my magnificent knowledge and now!! You do not want me to share this journey??!" The owl's chest were all puff out from obvious anger.

"Uhh...no... Listen.. uhmm." Dream tried to push off the bird out of her face and looked around to avoid it's imposing gaze. Dream then noticed the wolves seating next right to each other and seemed to be anticipating the outcome of their conversation.