Chp 15

Draco's Pov:

Note to self: never EVER commit to helping Theodore Nott without first knowing what he wants you to do.

For hours, Blaise and I had been wandering around the castle, confirming the locations of the secret passageways that Theo had marked down on Percy's new wall.

While walking, I tried to talk to Blaise a few times about his newfound homelessness, but he quickly shut me down each time.

Regardless, I made sure that he knew that there was more than enough room upstairs and all he had to do was ask.

We had just finished trying to find the passageway on the fourth floor. Which much to our surprise, was hidden behind a large bronze mirror that lingered underneath a painting of none other than Queen Elizabeth.

God save the Queen. Or something like that.

Every fifteen minutes or so, Theo would send us paper airplanes asking about our progress and what we had found since our previous update.

Other than the occasional ghost, nothing seemed out of place or new. The corridors were filled with ghastly lighting and every now and then, there would be a crackle from the torches that lined the walls.

So to keep things simple, we kept it nice and simple:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Theo,

Found the passage. 

Slightly larger than the others. 

Neatly hidden.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From what we could have guessed, he was most likely still in Blaise's dorm. So our chances of being interrupted by a certain pissed-off Slytherin were not very high.

Lucky us.

Blaise and I had been wandering around the castle for what felt like forever, careful to not make too much noise in the now-empty corridors.

Before letting us go, Theo made sure to explain to us how critical it was for us to not only avoid leaving behind any trails but also at all costs, stay hidden from Peeves.

That little asshole was usually out and about at night, and if we weren't careful, we could fall into one of his traps.

For years, that had been one of Peeves's favorite hobbies.