― 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚ 

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚ 

「 CHAPTER ELEVEN 」

 ― "IT WA-AS NOT a- huff- d-date," You wheezed out within breaths.

Fuyuki deadpanned as the others, one by one, looked to you with a questioning gaze.

"It was just a meet up," You explained. "You've got it all wrong."

Fuyuki wiped off the beads of sweat forming on her forehead. "Phew. That means we're still soulmates, right?!"

You nodded at her even though you can't quite understand what she meant.

"Can I..go now?" You asked the others who were staring at you, blinking. "I think...yeah, I'm late."

Chika sighed, relieved. "Yes, you can go now or these idiots won't stop their daily ritual."

"OI! I'M OFFENDED!" 

You slipped past the door, giving one last wave before disappearing into the hallways.

The hallways were quiet as most students already headed home or went to their after-class clubs.

You could hear your steps on the hard clear tiled floor, making your way to the vice-principal's office.

Glancing at your phone held in your hand, you knew you were already late.

It wouldn't hurt to run a bit in the hallways, would it?

You shook your head. You can't afford to break the rules. Though, speed-walking will do. It's not technically running so what's the harm?

Finally reaching the designated door, you brought your hands up to knock.

"You may come in," Someone said from the inside.

You took a deep breath and made up your mind. 

You're going to do it.

Turning the doorknob, you enter the well-organized room, hit by the cool air as soon as you step foot in.

"Good evening ma'am," You greeted with a smile as the woman looked up.

"Oh L/N," The elder woman nodded, gesturing to the seat in front of her. "You've come to give me your decision, I suppose."

You nodded meekly. "Well now, don't hesitate, dear."

Breathe.

"I've decided to join, ma'am."

"That's splendid news. Thank you, dear." The vice-principal stood up almost immediately, a smile plastered on her face.

"But I was wondering if I could perhaps, join an additional club?"

Her smile faltered a little, giving the thought some consideration before speaking up again.

"I don't see why not," The elder woman had a small smile as she sat back down, heaving a small sigh. "Of course you may. Any other requests?"

"Yes." 

Breathe.

"I would like to resign from my position as President and become a regular member."

Mouth agape, the vice-principal stopped in her tracks. Her eyes widen slightly, shock was evident on her face. "A-are- huh?!"

"May I know the reason for this?" The older one asked, hesitantly.

A small smile graced your lips as you looked to the woman in front of you.

"I'm not very confident in myself," Eyes now casted downwards, you uttered out softly. "Plus, I don't like being superior and being above all others. It feels...wrong, I guess. I hope you understand."

The vice-principal was taken aback. 

She knew you were capable of the position. She knew you will be able to do it. Though she haven't thought about this. She never truly knew how you feel about it. She only knew you were willing to help others.

It was out of your comfort zone.

Though the vice-principal knew you should open up and step out sooner or later, she decided to let you do it yourself.

"I understand," The woman let out a small chuckle. "Yes, you may. Thank you for accepting my offer anyway."

You stood up and bowed, thanking her many times before turning on your heels, heading off.

With her hands supporting her face, the vice-principal stared at the door which you left through not a while ago. 

╭──────────.♡..─╮

 [ CHAPTER ELEVEN ] 

COMPLETED! ✔ 

╰─..♡.──────────╯ 

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚