Love Bite

Another day of waking up to a bleak attic roof.

Blankets tangled around you like a cocoon- pelts layered around you, some strewn onto the floor.

It was yet again room temperature instead of freezing, which surprised you when you first pulled yourself out of bed, but when you went downstairs to be greeted by a blazing fire, you just nodded to yourself.

Techno put a whole lot more wood on before he left.

How considerate of him.

The fire made your morning hours quite a lot more enjoyable- especially after you found a spare slice of cake somehow stowed away in one of the basements chests.

You'd never understand why Techno had so many items, but it made finding surprises that much better.

Even if the cake was a bit stale.

Regardless, you did your usual, ate breakfast, ran around looking for odd jobs, and eventually, settled near the window.

Only, this time, when you settled down next to the glass, you caught the tail end of something walking around the bend of the house.

Carl.

Were you about to run outside just to mess with Carl??

Yes.

Yes you were.

You scurried around the house for a good few minutes gathering cloaks and coats- feeling super plush with the materials hanging over your shoulders.

Techno had a surprising number of cloaks- that seemed too small to fit him- most too big to fit you.

You liked to think he kept all his past cloaks, but it was only a funny thought that held no real proof.

Who were you to say how he got so many?

When you finally did scurry into the outside world, you weren't sure where Carl went- so you ran as carefully down the steps as you could, before flittering through the snow.

You didn't have to wander far.

Carl was in the open stable, munching on some of the hay Techno had left out for him.

"Hey there!" You spoke, waving your hand like Carl would actually be able to respond to you.

He did respond-

Not like a human would- but at the sudden sound of your voice his head jolted up and he settled his head in your direction.

He looked alarmed- ears high in the air, feet already shuffling to run.

Oh shit- nonono-

No need to run-

"Hey hey-" you whisper, stock still where you were in the snow, hands held out in a calming motion, "Your good, your good- I'm not gonna hurt ya-"

Such a jumpy thing.

Carl stamps his foot in the ground, and then stamps it again at your continued staring, before slowly walking out of the stable.

The moment he partially passed your figure, he skittles on his legs before full blown running.

Cantering a 'safe' distance away.

Because you clearly couldn't be trusted around him.

After reaching a good few feet away, he stopped, slowly turning to look at you.

Snowflakes were littering his fur, harsh wind pushing his mane in the wind. Every breath he took turned into a cloud of mist.

.