fourteen

Carson Addams

Carson Addams

I couldn't laugh as the slice of bread that was tattooed on my wrist.

Ayanna had doodled out the design and given it to the artist to use as the stencil. The tattoo was much different then my other's as far as style goes. It wasn't too big to be noticed but it wasn't too small to go unnoticed either.

My thumb brushed past the freshly done tattoo as I turned to look at how far Ayanna's was coming along. She didn't know what she was getting just like I didn't know what I was getting. I was surprised when it took the tattoo artist less than usual until I looked down at the slice of bread on my skin.

Ayanna scrolled on her phone as she rest her chin on her forearm. The buzzing of the needle came to an end and the artist waved me over to check it out.

I guess we both took the route of choosing our nicknames for each other.

A pair of angel wings now sat behind the shell of her ear. The tattoo artist handed her the hand held mirror as she sits up. Ayanna moves the mirror towards the back of her neck and studied the pair of wings.

I wanted to make sure that the design fit the aesthetic of her tattoos. They all obviously had meaning behind them, but they were more dainty like tattoos.

A smile spreads across her face before she turns towards me.

''Bread,'' I hold up my wrist to show her the tattoo.'' Really, Angel.'' I pull out my card as we walk towards the cash register. I hand over the card and watch as she gently runs her finger across the lines of the tattoo behind he ear.

What,'' She shrugged as I signed my name across the screen and approved the transaction.'' It was the first thing that came to mind and I don't regret it.'' She stands by her decision as I wrap my arm around her neck and pull her closer towards me as we walk out of the shop.

''Where to next?'' She excitedly ask as I hold the car door open for her. ''You'll see,'' I reply before closing the door on her and hurrying to my side of the car.

I remembered her saying that even though she's lived in L.A her while life that she had never been to Six flags... we were going to change that today.

After the hour and half ride to the amusement park. I pulled up the tickets that I had bought the day before as we stood in line.

"I can't believe this is apart of our first date." Ayanna sends me a slight scowl as we stand in line. " What?" I shrug as I look down at her, a cute little pout gracing her lips. "I think that this is a perfect first date."

"If I throw up on you, it'll be your fault." She stabs me in the side with her finger." And I won't complain one bit." I bring my hand around her neck as she looks up at me.

Ayanna puckers her lips up to me, silently asking for a kiss. I obliged her and leaned down, not caring about the crowd surrounding us as I kissed my girlfriend but not girlfriend at the same time.