Chapter 38

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

Everything was white. The walls, the floor, the ceiling. It was endless. The only sign of life was me and my reflection. We stood before each other, dressed in the same clothes-my clothing from under my armor.

Suddenly my reflection moved, but I didn't. I couldn't move, my feet were glued fo the ground and my arms were held down by some kind of invisible force. I could only watch as I circled around myself. No. I knew that that wasn't me. It was Dagrun.

I didn't understand why she looked like me, but I figured it must be one of her many ways to psychologically torture me. Putting me versus self. Though I was no English teacher, I was great in the topic as much as I was great at history.

"Do you like it? I look just like you. Something a little more familiar." Dagrun spoke, stoping right in front of me and looking me up and down. I didn't speak as I knew she'd only want to get a reaction out of me.

"You know, you're a pain in the ass, Y/N. I mean you're like Loki's conscience and it bugs me. You see, I need something that he promised my father some time ago, but the lying son of Odin didn't complete his side of the deal. I warned him. Your life for the Stones."

I scoffed and smirked at her. Dagrun looked at me in disgust and stepped towards me. She slapped my face, the sound echoed through the void and all I could do was spit and keep smiling.

That seemed to fire her up even more because she kept on using my inability to move to her advantage. She kicked my stomach and threw punches at my face. Somewhat, though it hurt, I endured. She didn't know my past. She didn't know I was used to the beating, I was used to the pain.

I let out a gasp as Dagrun stepped away from me. I spit and coughed, then looked at the floor next to me, the white was tainted by the red of my blood. I smiled to myself still.

"What psychopath smiles after being beaten up, huh?" Dagrun rages, once again throwing kicks at my stomach as if I was a tiny rock sitting peacefully on the sidewalk. I let out a painful chuckle and shook my head as it lulled to the side. My body was in pain but it would end once I woke up. I knew it would.

"Not a psychopath, Dagrun. You're trying to intimidate me by making yourself the alpha, making yourself look dominant, but the truth is that you're a coward. You think you're the greatest monster I've faced, but you aren't. Next to my monster you're a fucking joke. You want a real fight? Let me go, I'll show you what I can do. You'll go back crawling to your daddy when I'm done."

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" Dagrun shouted, kicking me over and over again until I couldn't breathe. I gasped and grunted in pain. There were tears in my eyes but I let myself laugh. I laughed like a maniac just like Jonah when he stabbed me. I laughed at her attempt to break me, but I was already broken. There's nothing else to break when he broke me so long ago.