XXII.

Chapter Twenty Two.

Friday.

This was it. This was the day that Xavia was going to push her negative thoughts to the side and come clean about her feelings towards Zealand. It was time to stop thinking about the what if's and just get the shit done. But, she had decided that she wouldn't be doing it in person nor via text. So, Xavia took the time out to write him a note.

It might have seemed cliche and middle school-ish, but it would work best for her. It wasn't very detailed, pretty short and sweet, but it was straight to the point and expressed everything she needed it to. She talked it over with Rose and Niecey, and they agreed with her. Well, it took Niecey some time to agree because she felt like Xavi needed to do it face to face, but nonetheless she still was on board with the plan.

Exiting her grandmother's home, Xavia pulled her hoodie tighter on her body as she slightly shivered. With it being November, the temperature had dropped tremendously. It felt like Frosty the snowman was blowing his breath outside.

Xavi got into her car, starting it up instantly and turning the heater on. As her car warmed up, she turned her windshield wipers on to clear the thin ice off of her front windscreen.

Once all of the ice was gone, she turned the wipers off. Still waiting for her car to get warmer, Xavia paired her phone to the Bluetooth. She went to Apple Music, and clicked on her Old Jams playlist.

Pressing shuffle, Sexy Can I by Ray J began to play.

"Ayeee!" Xavi started dancing in her seat as she turned the volume up. By now, the heat had kicked in and it felt nice and toasty inside of the car.

Xavia put the car in reverse, and backed out of the driveway. Once she was on the street, she put it in drive and sped off, heading to school.

At 7:10, she pulled into the student parking lot. Xavia parked in an open parking space that was close to the entrance door of the school. She grabbed her belongings from the backseat, before getting out of the car. Hitting her lock button twice like she always did, Xavi walked swiftly to try and dodge the forceful wind that was swirling around, making it seem colder than what it was outside.

As she made it in the building, she was relieved to feel the warmth of the heat being on. Most of the times, the school was freezing, even in fall and winter.

Shuffling towards the stairwell, Xavia climbed them one by one. No matter how much she'd been up and down these exact stairs, they never failed to make her legs burn and ache.

Reaching the second floor of the school, Xavi let out a "whew!". Since first period didn't start until 7:45, everybody was just hanging out in the hallways, chopping it up with their friends or on their phones.

"Xavi!" She heard Arnecia's voice behind her. Turning around, she motioned for her cousin to come over to where she was standing with her index finger.

"Good morning miss mamas." Xavi greeted, giving her a hug.

"Good morning, favorite cousin. Sooo, are you ready?" Arnecia questioned with a sly smile.

Xavia chuckled, then let out a sigh. "Yes and no. I'm ready to get it over with, but I'm scared of what the outcome will be."

"Hey, whatever happens just happens. It'll be okay." Arnecia told her, rubbing her shoulder. "Are you gonna do it right now?"

"Yeah, probably so. Zealand usually gets to school at 7:30 and it's...shit!" Xavia exclaimed, looking at her watch. "It's 7:25, I have to hurry up."