𝟑𝟔. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Christmas time was very fun but the holidays weren't over yet. there was still: new year's day. tanner planned this big party for us and some of his friends on new years eve to celebrate.

jacob came to pick me up and in his car were xolo, hannah, and gianni.

"hey," everyone told me when i got in the car.

"hii," i said back.

"i'm just gonna pick up mary and then we'll be on our way," jacob said.

"sounds good."

we picked up mary and then headed over to tanner's house. hannah and i were thirsty so we headed over to where the drinks were. apparently tanner hired a bartender so hannah and i drank so many shirley temples (our favorite drink).

tanner wanted this party to be as big as possible but he also wanted to invite his close friends, not just random famous people in la - so he also invited our siblings and such.

"what time is it?," xolo asked me.

i looked at my phone.

"10:11," i said.

'new year's rocking eve' was on the tv (if u don't know what that is, it's a new years countdown show w live performances of famous singers in america) but you couldn't really hear it because of the loud music.

"c'mon guys let's go dance," hannah said to all of us.

we followed her to the dance floor and danced to the loud pop and edm music the tanner put on.

the dance floor was crazy. a mosh pit formed and then tanner & gianni got pushed out into the middle of it, it was hilarious. i was partying with mary when we realized that we haven't seen hannah in a while.

we went to go look for her and found her outside from afar. she was crying and arguing with xolo.

"on new years really?," mary asked me.

"i wonder what they're fighting about," i said.

we decided to stay away and let them be alone. we went back inside and mary went to get something to eat and i stayed near the entrance to wait for hannah.

"there you are," jacob said, "i was wondering where you went, what happened?"

"xolo and hannah are fighting outside and i'm waiting for hannah."

"do you know what they're fighting about?," he asked.

"no clue."

"well i'm gonna get a water, tell me what happens," he said.

"okay," i replied.

in less than five minutes, xolo came through the door and he looked mad. he made eye contact with me and gave a weak smile. a few seconds later, hannah walked in with mascara dripping down her face.

"hey," i said pulling her into a hug. she hugged me back tighter and then we sat down at a table so she can say what happened.

this drunk girl kissed xolo and hannah said that xolo kissed her back but xolo's trying to convince her that he didn't and that she pulled him into it.

i don't know. but i'm on hannah's side.

a few minutes pass and she goes back into the dance floor with mary and annalisa. i stayed back to finish my drink.

"hey," jacob said sitting next to me.

"hey," i said, "did he tell you what happened?"

"yeah, he said that hannah thinks that he kissed this random drunk girl back and stuff but i don't know."

"i believe hannah," i said.

"you're right, i mean he could've pulled back or something  but i'm gonna stay out of it."

"same."

we sit in silence for like thirty seconds until he broke it.

"and an argument on new years? come on not the time," he laughed.

"i know, i feel bad," i laughed.

"let's go," he said reaching out his hand.

"where?"

"to the dance floor," he said.

i smiled and took his hand and we walked out onto the dance floor to meet the others and danced.

it was almost twelve now so we all gathered around tanner's living room to see the new years ball drop.

"3...2...1," everyone yelled.

"happy new year!!!," everyone yelled. jacob and i kissed and i saw that hannah and xolo just looked at each other and hugged literally everyone but themselves.

i really hope that they work it out.

"the season comes out this week wooo," cheered gianni. we all cheered with him.

he partied for a little more and then decided to go home.

hannah drove me home.

"okay bye goodnight, happy new year," she hugged me.

"happy new year," i said back.

"oh and i'm planning on inviting all of you to santa monica pier the day the season drops to celebrate, you wanna come?"

"yeah totally," i said. we already watched the season early because netflix sent us all of it to see months before.

"oh and tell me what happens," i said. she told me on the car ride that she's gonna attempt to talk to xolo later but isn't sure.

"okay," she said.

she drove off and i went inside my room to sleep exhausted from dancing all night.