1

The hot and dry Los Santos air seemed to make Y/n Snider sweat as soon as it met her body. Having lived in Ludendorff all of her life she was unaccustomed to the heat, but somehow the way the sun beat down mercilessly onto her was exciting. It was a symbol of her escaping the past and her fresh start, something she had dreamed of for years prior. Her hometown, Ludendorff, was a small, cold town. Everyone knew everybody and their business, and with Y/n having an infamous family member, Bradley Snider, she could never escape the whispers that seemed to come every time she turned her back. So, she decided to go to the city that seemed to starkly contrast her hometown. Los Santos. The warm city with strangers upon strangers who wouldn’t have a clue who she was or would be too high to care.

    Y/n spotted her cab and swiftly walked over, her head high as she tried to exude an air of confidence. She had heard the phrase “fake it till you make it” and ran with it, although she had to admit she felt a little idiotic. She exhaled in relief as she entered the taxi cab, enjoying the crisp air conditioned air as she told the cab driver the directions to the apartment she had rented in Vespucci beach. She had gotten it cheap due to the double homicide that had taken place just a few weeks ago. Y/n wasn’t the easily scared type, she could handle a murder house… just as long as the murderer didn’t come back.

    The drive to her new place was uneventful and quick. After giving her driver a tip she made her way up the too many stairs and into the empty apartment, the light blue walls glaring at her as if she was an intruder. To her right she could see the scribbled out remains of Live, Laugh, Love over which Eat, Shit, Die was written. She stifled a laugh at the writing and began to unpack. It wasn’t a hard job, she didn’t bring much, just one suitcase of clothes. Y/n didn’t want to have to deal with things that would remind her of her former life in Ludendorff in fear that she might decide to go back and continue to live a boring tortuous decision in her brother’s shadow of infamy.

    It wasn’t as if Y/n didn’t like her brother, she loved him and wrote to him all the time. But he was a famous bank robber, and it was hard for her to overcome that and make her own name for herself after he was sent to jail. All she was seen as was Brad Snider’s younger sister, the orphan just barely old enough to live on her own. She was lucky enough to have money her brother stashed away for her to get by until adulthood. She was 16 then, 26 now and it was the first time in her life she could be her own person.

    “Welp, this is as good as it’s gonna get…” Y/n looked around the room, having done putting away her clothes. The apartment was empty except for a couch, bed, and the basic appliances that came with the place. It would be depressing if Y/n wasn’t so elated to be in a new place. Reaching her hand into her pocket and grabbing her wallet, Y/n looked at its contents.

“Enough for vodka, good. I’m going to start my time here in Los Santos right.”

- - -

The phone's ringtone echoed throughout the empty house, waking Michael from his drunken nap. He made his way through the beer bottles that littered the floor and picked up his phone, answering the FIB agent who’s name had flashed on the screen. “What is it Davey?”

“Michael, we have a problem.  A big fucking problem.” spoke the familiar voice of Michaels somewhat friend Dave Norton.

“What is it Dave? Am I going to have to be an errand boy for the FIB again because I swear to fucking god-”

“No, no, it’s not that. It's Brad’s sister, Y/n Snider. I’ve been monitoring her and she’s here in Los Santos.” Michael nearly dropped his phone at those words. Y/n Snider was here in LS…

“You’re fucking A-right we’ve got a problem. What are we going to do about it?” He barked into the phone, feeling nervous. Everything could come crashing down if he ran into Y/n. Although she wasn’t lethal like Trevor she knew many people back in Ludendorff and if she spoke to one of them the whole operation was over.