63

dying of boredom, or something

HIS CHILDREN ALMOST SEEM HAPPY. It's as unexpected as it is odd. To see them practically carefree, threat-free. He's been asleep for quite some time, but he knows their lives haven't been peaceful by any means. He'd made sure of that, even in the event of his death. They were animals, and some animals had to be put down. He knew they were expecting his arrival, and were slow on the uptake to realize that he had been here for quite some time already, just watching. But even still, he was used to instilling fear in them. Even Niklaus, though he still liked to parade about acting like he wasn't still a scared little bastard.

Now, though, he wouldn't even think they knew his name with how they're going about their days. Seeing them continue on this charade of humanity strikes something irritable in him. They weren't meant to be happy. They weren't meant to be human.

His original plan has to be scrapped.

He wanted to get rid of Rebekah first because she would always choose her brothers in the end no matter how much she liked to go back and forth. Then he'd find Elijah, Kol, and Finn, and perhaps make Niklaus watch as he killed them. He wanted the bastard to know it was his fault. To know that even though they were all abominations of nature, Klaus was the worst parts of it all wrapped into one.

But now he has to rethink all of it. His children seem to be getting along in this century, which is a rare event in itself, not to mention the level of danger it brings anyone who threatens that.

Elijah is nowhere to be found, presumably daggered because he inconvenienced his brother for a second too long. He'd been hoping that wasn't the case, as Elijah tended to be the mediator between them and could easily be bartered with if the falsehoods he was promised sounded convincing enough. The man relied on sentiment more than he let on, and it could be used against him when the time called for it. If anything, Mikael could promise him peace with the rest of them if they just gave Klaus up. The only problem was Klaus had become so paranoid that he was typically impenetrable, surrounding himself with an army of people that would take a blow for him even if they didn't realize what it would cost them.

Finn and Kol, he knew, had been daggered for centuries now. Finn was hardly ever satisfied as a human, let alone a vampire, so his presence would just be a hindrance. There was no deal he could make with his son that would fill the void that being a vampire left in someone, and that left only death as the solution to his problems.

Kol was the wild card, perhaps more psychotic than Niklaus because he didn't think ten steps ahead like the hybrid tended to. Kol was unpredictable and entitled, and there was always a shade of neediness to him that showed his outlandish actions always stemmed from his desire for attention. It was entirely childish, but something Mikael could use to his advantage.