𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

"Don't be late tonight, Oppa!"

"Of course, I won't. I'll go home early for my dongsaeng"

"And you should never forget my cake"

"Matcha-flavored, got it, Mi-sun"

Mi-sun hangs up the call, smiling so widely to herself as she thought of how her birthday would be special. She and her big brother, Minseok planned it all ahead of the months, they'll visit Hangang bridge, just like they did on every death anniversary of their parents.

Today marks their third year of being gone since the accident - they were on their way home from work and had promised her they'll go out to celebrate when it was rainy, thus the road is slippy. And a boy drank in his motor swerves in front of their car. From what the police had said from the video records, her dad avoids it in time, ending for the car to crash down the water. The teenage boy was saved. In doing so, her parents died.

Since then, it had only been him and her brother under the strict guidance of their Aunt. Minseok is that brother, the one who always take the fall of her clumsiness, and he suffered the abuse when it should've been hers. And every time he would comfort her, Mi-sun got the feeling he was her guardian angel in this cruel world.

Why the Hangang bridge, you may ask? It was sort special for them, for it is where their parents had met and well, yes, that is where they meet their ends too. At least to keep their memory alive, the siblings would go there every year to put a candle in the spot they died - thus allowing their happy memories to stay in their minds.

Mi-sun smiles to herself as she looked at the small bouquet of white flowers in her hand. Her brother would provide the candles. In her daze at the bus stop, she was too late to see one drives away. She decides then as she watches warily to the darkening clouds, she would not wait for the next bus, it'll be coming in twenty minutes.

Which is not an option. She would hate to make Minseok wait.

However, as she decides to walk there fast, the luck isn't on her side, as there are many commuters littering across the streets, all trying to push their way through anyone passing by. She curses under her breath, hearing from one man on how the rain should be there in a minute or two.

As she gets out of the crowd after what felt like an eternity, she looks down at her watch and saw she was already ten minutes late in the meeting place. There's still no text from Minseok.

She chuckled, imagining how he would complain about the traffic and the weather, if that was the case. She hears a clap of thunder shakes the dark sky, and she looked up to see the dark clouds as the sun sinks down, not aware of the people running in a certain direction as their voices were alarmed.

I hope we can still put the candles there before it rains, Mi-sun thought as she spots the Hangang bridge ahead of her path.

"Call an ambulance!", somebody shouted all of a sudden, and that's when she only notice a group of people crowding in the side of the bridge.

"What's happening?", she asks to one middle-aged woman who left the front as she passes her by.

The same woman shook her head sadly, "Another life is lose to the bridge today"

With her heart dropping and every part of her freezing, and at the same time feeling a sort of deja vù, Mi-sun picks up speed to head in the center of the crowd untl she suddenly comes into a screeching halt. She stops in her tracks and takes an unsteady step behind her as a concern man flipped the body.

She doesn't want to believe what she's seeing in front of her. The flower in her hands slip out and falls near to the cement tainted with blood.

It's Minseok.... but he was lying lifelessly on the ground, in his own blood - with a box of cake that has been trampled on by the car before it runs away.

Mi-sun grows pale, her legs feel weak, she feels as if the world was throwing it's weight down her shoulders. In the same moment, she feels the rain begin to pelt onto her skin. She doesn't know if it is the rain or the tears that is running down her face.

At that moment, she falls into her knees, just like her world did when their parents died, "Kim Minseok!", she called out, but it just comes out as a loud sob as everyone turns around to a poor girl who was slowly breaking into pieces at the sight of her last loved one.

And just like that, Kim Mi-sun was left watching the ambulance taking her brother, only to be taken there as well and hear the worst confirmation from the emergency room. Kim Minseok was brought to the hospital, dead on arrival.

That day should've been special as she turns eighteen, but it gave her the painful memory, and a new version of her had been made. 

She chokes out the only words she feels like she is able to string into a coherent sentence at the day of her brother's burial.

"Why did I come too late to save you, my brother?"

───※ ·❆· ※───

oh, sorry, that was her back story.