25: Petrichor

Check out the poll at the end! Please comment and let me know!

"I turned my nightmares into fireflies and caught them into a jar,"- Laini Taylor

Petrichor (n.): a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.

): a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather

Adrianna's POV:

Fear.

Dread.

Apprehension.

Fear can be of many kinds. The kind of fear one experiences when anticipated, the kind of fear that excites us and the kind that lives with us; the pessimism, an eternal truth of human nature, and the fear that comes with it. Fear can be ugly, fear can be exciting, fear can be gory and thrilling.

I feared for myself.

It was a feeling that hung over my head. Like a nagging thorn sticking under my feet and reminding me of it every time I moved.

I feared for Ares.

It was something I had never felt before. It was an emotion that was callow, unadulterated and something that rooted deep within me.

The waves crashed to the shore, the night blending into azure. Diamonds glittered in the sky, mirroring my eyes. I laid awake in the arms of the man I had grown so attached to and learnt to fear for.

The palpitation of his heart was like a lullaby to my ears; comforting, welcoming- home. His presence cocooned me into him, his touch welcomingly scorching on my bare skin. Our skin pressed against each other, in the most primal way.

His soft breaths fanned my hair as I made small circles on his chest, tingles on my swollen lips.

After our session in the morning, I had sauntered out with wobbly toes and a big smile on my face, making up my mind to sneak into his room again when everyone would be asleep.

Regardless, my plan had worked successfully and we fucked until both of us passed out from exhaustion.

Sex with Ares was mind blowing. I didn't have to hold anything back. I lose myself in him, his smell and the divine ecstasy.