24. The choice

My palms start sweating

My palms start sweating. As the names are called all the first five students chose someone from their side. Arjun, Aarav, Ashley, Anay, Anika ...it's better to say they had made up their mind even before this announcement as to who to choose. At this point I feel all of this is pre-planned and they just wanna humiliate us by not choosing any of us. The sixth one though surprisingly chose Raghav from our side. Woah! Everyone's jaw is almost on the floor right now. Raghav is a very handsome guy with a very shy personality. He's someone you look at once and be like 'aww so cute' types..with his pinkish lips, dimples, fair skin. And the guy who chose him to be his partner is the same guy who bullied ashok that day..Atharv.  Damn! Why did he chose raghav though? Does he also think that he's very cute?

I can see by the look on their faces that none of them were expecting this too. Everybody's shocked and some of the guys from their side are smirking. Is this some plan to bully him tonight or does atharv has a crush on our cutiepie raghav. I guess we'll know soon.

The session continues and few of them choose few of us which was very surprising and suspicious at the same time. So far 26 of us have been chosen. I don't know by what category they are choosing but yeah..all is well if we end up at the party.

I'm so nervous right now. Nobody has taken my name and I don't have any hope that they will either. Coz I have managed to stay low all these days...so much that I haven't even interacted during lectures so none of them even know my name. So if by any chance someone miraculously chooses me..they should go like "Hey you quiet girl. I choose you" - how Romantic (rolls eyes). I shouldn't have kept such a low profile now I'll have to bear the consequences.

The next name that's called out is Jay. He stands up from his place and gets on the stage. He has a ruggish appearance. Tan bod, slight stubble, ear piercing, a tattoo seeping out of his forearm..he looks like someone who fixes the yachts at the sea. I bet his cologne will remind me of Ocean. Wtf! What am I thinking? Why will I even smell his cologne? Shut your dirty thoughts and concentrate Sakshi!!!!

He takes the Mike and smiles at the crowd. Aw! I bet he's a heartbreaker. While I'm still in my la la land imagining things...he points his finger straight at me and says, "You...the girl in blue sweater. I choose you to be my plus 1 today".....

I think I almost choked on my spit (in my mind ofcourse) wtf? Is he talking to me? Am I wearing blue? Shit I'm wearing blue. Does this guy reads minds? How can he say the exact words I was thinking? I'm so shocked right now but I make sure to keep my face blank.

That's when I realize somebody has got up from their seat and making their way towards the stage. God it's Randhir. What is he doing? Why is he even up from his seat..his chance to choose is much later. He walks up in front of the faculty row who's seated in the first row and-

"Sir I think it's better to let my intentions been known now since the situation demands it. I choose Ms. Sakshi as my partner for the party tonight. I was going to let my decision known later but since Jay choose her..I'm compelled to say it now. I need her to be my partner. So Jay I want you to choose somebody else"

I think I will faint anytime now. I'm sure I choked on my spit...literally and my jaw is definitely on the floor. Everybody's staring at me (I mean EVERYBODY in this audi)..they are all equally shocked, appalled, curious and.. offended? What in the hell is happening here? They're all looking at me like I just destroyed Mars and claimed myself as the queen of moon. Too much attention. Turn away people.

As I'm still basking in my misery, Jay speaks out,

"Dude what the hell! I just chose her. You can't choose her after I did. Choose somebody else"

"He's right Randhir. Jay has already chosen Ms. Sakshi as his partner, so you will have to choose somebody else" adds prof. Pradhan.

"I know sir. But it's not my fault that the names are called according to roll. Just because my name starts with R doesn't mean I have to give up my choices for someone dye to alphabet issues. I know he's made his choice but I want her to be my partner. So I'll use up my star. Since my first year I haven't used any of the stars so I'll be using it to retain my choice. I want her to be my partner"

Almost all of them gasps at his statement. I can see that most professors are equally shocked here. And Jay looks shocked and amused at the same time.

"Dude seriously? What's it about her though? You have never used any of yr stars until now and most of us have exhausted it by now. And you're using it NOW for HER? I was just choosing her because I thought it'll be fun to tease her...she seems so nerdy and out of place..." Jay chuckles after saying this.

This bastard. What the hell does he think about think about himself ? How dare he!! 😤 I wish I can just go there and punch him in the place and show how I much I belong here. Asshole!!
That's when Randhir looks in my direction. This is the first time we are making eye contact after 2 weeks. His face is blank not giving any of his emotions away. He's eerily calm and composed...

"I don't care why you make the choices you make jay. But I make my choices for all the right reasons" he says without breaking eye contact with me.

 But I make my choices for all the right reasons" he says without breaking eye contact with me

*💃somebody needs to put these assholes back in their place😏 don't forget to vote!!*