Chapter 74: Good riddance

Y/n Pov:

It was as if some love spell had affected everyone around the school. Girls were extra giggly, as their crushes walked by, hoping they would be asked to the ball by them. Whereas the boys, they took this as an oppurtunity to make their move on the ones they liked.

I was asked by quite a few boys, I lost count of how many days ago. I turned them down, hoping Draco would ask me. Yes it was a crazy fantasy of him and me, and yes I was acting like those giggly girls, but atleast I had something to share with Draco. I wish I could say the same for Pansy.

She moped around all day, upset that Blaise hadn't asked her. I even offered to straighten Blaise out, but she wanted it to be 'natural, not enforced'. In my opinion both of them needed a little push. On the other hand Victor had asked Mione, and she was excited for the ball, and more smiley than usual.

"Y/n?" I heard a familliar voice say. I turned around to see Cedric. "Hey Ced" I replied smiling. "I was wondering, would you maybe want to go to the ball with me?" he asked. "I would love to Ced.." I responded. "Then why am I sensing a but?" he asked. "I was hoping someone else would ask me" I replied.

"That's alright" he said still smiling. "Did you ask Cho maybe?" I asked. "no, I'm afraid she'll say no" Cedric replied. Cho was a friend of mine, from Ravenclaw. Cedric fancied her, and vice versa.

"I'm sure she'll say yes Ced, and I also know you asked me because it's easier" I said. "You're right, but Cho might say no" he replied sighing. "You'll never know unless you ask Ced, and I have to go, Pansy wanted to meet" I said. "I'll tell you how it goes" Cedric replied.

"Keep your hopes up Ced, and if you don't ask her soon, someone else will" I said walking away.

"Hey P" I said walking into the common room. "Did you hear Y/n?" she asked. "I don't think so?" I replied confused. "You may not like this, but Malfoy just asked Daphne to the Yule Ball" she replied. "Oh" I replied with a slight frown on my face. "Well I guess he wanted a Pure-Blood to go with him" I added sitting next to Pansy.

"What do you mean?" she asked. "Last time I talked to him was when me and him were doing this trivia thing, asking each other questions. The last question was whether I was a Pure-Blood and I said no" I replied sighing. "So I say good riddance, if he cares about blood status more than anything, then I don't want anything to do with him" I added. "Good riddance" Pansy repeated.

"And I have to tell you something" she added. "Blaise asked me to the Ball" "Finally!" I replied. "However he said something interesting as well" she said. "Someone threatened him to ask me and if he didn't he would end up with a bloody nose" she added.

"Guilty" I replied chuckling. "I only enforced on feelings already there P, I just said that he better hurry up otherwise you'll give up on him and I'll give him a bloody nose" I added.

"Nice to know you care" she replied smiling. "I want you to be happy P" I said returning a smile. "Speaking of happy, we need to get gowns for each other, what do you say to a trip to Hogsmeade?" she asked. "Sure, but to celebrate you and Blaise, it's my treat" I replied.

We found gowns the next day, I got a green one, and Pansy a blue one. Mione came with us, picking out a beautiful pink chiffon gown for herself.