Chapter 36

I woke up in a doctor's room. I looked around and there was the man in the lab coat from before. "Did I hurt anyone?" I asked.

"No, of course not." He answered with a smile. "I am sorry I scared you though. I didn't know what your past was like, if I did I would've brought an oral sedative."

"It's okay."

"Do you want me to get Bucky? Or Steve?" He asked. "I know you have a history with them."

"No thank you." I responded as I sat up straight. "Could I actually see Tony?"

"Yeah, he's been pretty worried. Been asking about you since I got you up here." He responded as he left the room.

I looked around at the unfamiliar yet somewhat comforting medical room. I looked down and noticed I didn't feel the energy anymore.

Tony walked into the room. "Hi," I hesitantly began. "Sorry about the freakout."

He just stared for a moment. Then he did something I really didn't expect. He ran up to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm just glad you're alright, kid." He whispered to me.

I didn't know how to react. I don't even know a time where somebody hugged me. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked as he backed up to face me.

"He was pissing me off. I get that we've both been through Hydra." I began explaining. "But he has no idea what they had me do or what they did to me. Plus I worked so hard for a lifetime to keep both of us alive and to keep him as safe as I could then he abandoned me."

"I know this might not be what you want to hear," Tony began. "But go easy on him. You're both healing. He had more time to heal already but he's still working on it. I don't blame him for not wanting to barge into there while still trying to figure out who he is."

I sat angrily silent for a moment just staring down as I brought my knees to my chest. "They made him beat me. My punishment was for me to sit there and take a beating from the only person I cared about. I forgave him for that because I knew he would never do that." I began grumbling as tears formed in my bottom lashes. "He forgot my name many times, then completely forgot it when they began calling me prodigy, but I still forgave him because I knew it wasn't his fault. Then he left me there. I couldn't find a single possible way he could do that to me knowing they could kill me as a punishment."

"But they didn't Y/n." He comforted.

"No, instead I had a worse punishment!" I huffed. "I was given the order to hunt him and Wanda and Natasha because I cared for them! He knew I cared about all of them, he knew they wouldn't hurt me so he sent me to kill them! He even managed to get full control of my abilities."

"I know but you're safe now. I'm here to protect you, so is everyone else." Tony told me. "We caught the man, he's gone now. I had Banner remove the tracker in your arm."

"What about the energy from the building?" I asked in fear for everyone's safety.

"I safely and carefully redistributed it back into the building." He responded. I sighed I looked down before he brought my chin up. "You're safe, you're in good hands here."

I smiled softly at him before he headed to the door. "I have to go speak to my girlfriend and update her on everything here. I can start some work on a room for you. If you're feeling better feel free to walk around the building a bit. If you get lost just ask F.R.I.D.A.Y. she's the A.I. system here."

I nodded my head as I watched him leave. It felt strange realizing that any other day I had thought of Tony as our father. I thought he'd be just like him, but Tony seems to actually care about me. He lets me believe there's hope for me.