2

Iliana falls through darkness no longer caring if she lives. She did all that she could as the strange men beat her to hell, she didn't give them the information that they wanted. Just like her parents hadn't given them the information they demanded. She figures that she will likely end up like her parents. She just hopes that the men that she loves will be able to survive whatever they do to them. 

Then a light appears and Iliana moves towards it. She's confused at what she sees, not heaven, which she hoped for, nor hell, which she is thankful for, but a hospital room. She sees her parents, her mother in the hospital bed exhausted but glowing. Her father at her side and they are both looking at a bundle in her mother's arms. 

A noise brings her attention to the door and in come the Hamilton's. Elizabeth all but runs to Iliana's mother's side and Clayburn Hamilton goes by Iliana's father side. They all look down at the bundle her mother is holding. 

"Momma, we can't see." Iliana is shocked, Phoenix couldn't be more than eight years old. This must be from when she was born, but how is she seeing this?

"If you place them gently, the younger ones can sit on the bed." Iliana's mother says softly.

"Put the triplets on the bed." Clayburn says as he lifts up Phoenix and Elizabeth lifts up Kai so that they can see the newborn in her mother's arms. Casper is held in Blake's arms and Flynn is held in Isaac's.

All the boys move up to get a clear look.

She hears Blake inhale sharply, "Mine."

Almost immediately all the others also say the same thing as they look at the infant girl.

The adults look at each other, Elizabeth and Clayburn look at each other the longest. "Shit." Clayburn says softly. This isn't a good thing.

"Elizabeth? Clayburn? What the hell is going on?" Iliana's father asks confused.

"It seems that your daughter is the special one for all ten of our boys." Elizabeth finally answers their question.

"Just how will that work? It was hard enough for us." Iliana's father demands. If Iliana hadn't known what he was talking about she would be more than a little confused at his words, but Blake had explained to her on her last birthday.

"It means that, likely because of you, Lovina, needing our blood to make it possible for you to have a child, that it changed your DNA enough so that she will have some of our traits. She won't be even half, but she likely will have enhanced hearing, sight, perhaps strength and speed. But even more than that, it is likely that our children will be drawn together. Since Iliana is human, she will be able to tell our sons no. Our sons will need to work and build the bond like we had to with you and Joel.

"The biggest problem is, it seems that all ten of them feel the bond." Elizabeth's words seem to echo in the room. At least it seems that way to Iliana. This must be how Blake knew so that he could tell her. Amazing memory since he was only twelve when she was born.

The boys seem to be ignoring the adults as they stare at the baby in fascination, all of them even the oldest ones, Blake, Isaac and Preston.

"The boys will have to figure out a way to share Iliana if she will accept all of them. If she doesn't want one or all of them then they will never know the peace that comes from having their special one." Clayburn says unhappily. It isn't easy for vampires to share. It's unheard of for them to share their special one. Now his ten sons will have to learn how to share one very special special one. He's not sure that they will be able to do so and he feels for them and, if he's honest, he feels bad for Iliana as well. 

Vampires are notoriously overprotective of their special one. She's going to have the equivalent of ten very over protective brothers/fathers. He doubts that she'll even get to date or even talk to a boy other than his sons before her eighteenth birthday.

"Mrs. Bloomington, can I hold her?" Blake asks Iliana's mother breaking into their conversation.

"Of course, Blake. Just be careful and make sure that her head is supported." Lovina says to Blake as she carefully transfers baby Iliana over to him. "That's right, just like that."

Lovina and the other adults watch Blake as he interacts with the baby. He whispers something that the adults don't hear, but Iliana does, "I'll make sure that you are always protected. I'll give my life to save yours. As long as you are with me, I promise that I'll protect you."

After that, the other boys want to take turns and they are given the chance in order of birth so Isaac went next then Preston. They both give a promise somewhat similar to what Blake gave.

Then it was Phoenix's turn and then Kai's, they both whisper something but Iliana can't hear what they each say. She figures that it's something similar, but isn't sure and doubts that they would even remember since that was eighteen years ago and they couldn't be more than eight.

Then they have Casper sit down and help him hold the baby properly. He leans over and gives her kisses. Iliana wants to just aww it was so cute. Then it was Flynn's turn and he does the same thing. Iliana doesn't think that she's ever seen them be so cute as they were when they were five years old.

Then it was time for the triplets, first was Gregor. Elizabeth sat next to him and helped him hold the baby properly. None of the adults would let the two almost three year old hold her with out an adult next to him. He leans over and gives the baby wet slobbery kisses as well. Iliana wants to giggle at the sight.

Then Piedro was next with the assistance of Clayburn. He, too, leans forward and gives the baby slobbery kisses.

Finally, Dimitri holds baby Iliana. "I wove you Lia." He says softly then gives her his own kiss.

Iliana feels tears on her face and wipes them away. She's always loved them, but wasn't always sure that they loved her. But now she knows that they loved her from the time they first met.

She just doesn't understand why she's seeing this now.

The scene before her goes black then changes to when she was about four years old.