Chapter 19

"Love wasn't in my vocabulary until I met you."

ROSÉ

"Did you see that? Jennie smiled at me!"

"I can't believe this! Jennie greeted me back!"

"Am I dreaming? Jennie said hello to me."

"I can finally die, Jennie noticed me!"

"What happened to the expressionless Jennie?"

"Jennie looks better when she smiles!"

"Jennie accepted the flower I gave her!"

Those were the things we heard from the students in the hallway. I was not planning to believe those hearsays but then I saw how Jennie smiled and bowed back to the student who just approached her.

"Jisoo-unnie. Pinch me!" I said while my eyes are still glued on the smiling Jennie who was already waving at us from afar.

"Why?"

"Just do as I say!"

"Aww! That's too hard!"

"You wanted it!"

"Look! This is not a dream right? Are we seeing the Jennie Kim we know?" Jisoo looked ahead and just like me, she was shocked too.

"I can't believe I'm seeing this!"

"Is she possessed?"

"Maybe...seeing her smile is kinda weird."

"What's weird?" Jennie asked. We didn't feel that she's already in front of us.

"You," I frankly said.

"Why are you smiling?" Jisoo asked.

"Why? Am I not allowed to smile?" Jennie pouted.

Seriously?! Now she's acting cute?! Ohmygosh! This is a miracle!

"N-no. It's not that... it's just our first time seeing you like this."

"I just want a change Roseanne!" Jennie responded, still wearing a gummy smile.

Now she's teasing me huh?

"It's Rosé! Not Roseanne!" I complained.

"Stop deceiving people. That's what we saw in your birth certificate," she rolled her eyes at me but then she smiled again. Maybe I should get used toward seeing her like this, right?

"But honestly, what's gotten into you?" Jisoo asked, still not convinced by the sudden change.

"Nothing. I just wanted a change. I'm a changed person now," Jennie answered with all honesty.

I hugged her. I admit, I kinda like her better now. At least, she's starting to be expressive. I like the change, her change. Jisoo joined in. She hugged Jennie too.