𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

"Crying doesn't suit any girl at all, and I hate to see one being sad like  you", Sunghoon says as he slowly pulls away from her, his hands still on her shoulders. He takes one look at her face before slowly smiling at her, in which she returns it genuinely.

"You doesn't deserve those kind of people. From now on, I will be here", he added as he picks up the umbrella and helped her to stand up by her feet, waiting for her to hold his hand.

He isn't lying when he could admit of how Mi-sun is beautiful, still perfectly beautiful in her own disaster of brokenness. And he couldn't understand how anyone had the heart to tear her apart.

They stood side by side by now, and Sunghoon swears he never allowed any girl to be this close - there was so much meaning in this kind of rare meeting in the rain.

When he halted to stare back at her, Mi-sun feels her heart beating a little faster than normal and she finds it confusing especially when he leans in slowly before placing a small kiss in her forehead. Her brother used to do it, in those night she couldn't sleep. As Sunghoon pulls away, she smiled at him shyly before wrapping her arms around his waist, leaning her head against his chest.

Tears fell from her eyes again as she sadly smiles, "You know... you remind me of my brother and yet I don't even know your name"

"Sunghoon. My name is Park Sunghoon", he says, as his fingers reached out to wipe his tears.

"Sunghoon?", she nodded her head, finding it familiar, like she already heard it somewhere, "Are you the ice skater?", she moves her head and looks at him in the eye as he nodded, "No matter how famous you are, I don't care. What I care about is that, you're the only person who is holding the last string of mine. It's as if you let go of me right now, I'll lost myself all at once"

He couldn't understand why, but Sunghoon felt warm. He doesn't know much about Mi-sun, but he feels a strange connection in between them, which is downright impossible with them being strangers. Besides, he spent all the months training in the morning and taking care of his mother at the evening - it had led to him to improve his social standing.

He had shut all his doors out to anyone who'd tried - they'll all left, anyway. Would today be an exception?

And sometimes, the only way to bring yourself out of your loneliness for a long time is to forgive and forget. He doesn't know if he can forgive that person because he had been the closest who turns his back on Sunghoon and break his heart in the process.

And that was not the case with Kim Mi-sun. She had instead been cared and truly loved by her own brother, the other half of hers. The one who promised to stay, but couldn't out of bad luck's cirmcumstances.

Then with Sunghoon that she only met for today, it was no different.

They never knew what love felt like. Mi-sun dedicated her life in surviving with her brother, and Sunghoon in front of the limelight without his brother, all assuming he had a life behind the ice rink of grandeur, although it was the opposite of the story.

But as the pair just met today, walking hand in hand under the chilly rain, having the same burden for their love to their siblings, one dead, one alive - they knew that sometimes the person who will save you is the least expected people. As soon as Mi-sun entered the car with him, she smiled once more, feeling a solace that she never felt before - something so real, and yet fel so unreal at the same time.

"Let's go home?", Sunghoon asked it in a very unsure way.

"Let's go home now", Mi-sun agreed cheerfully.

Despite of them not knowing each other for so long, they both felt a security with one another in which they can simply trust to follow their broken hearts to hold on.

But if there was one thing that Mi-sun knew, once the car headed out of her old street and into another border of her life, she thought Sunghoon is the person she would never learn to forget.

It all seemed as if their timing is perfectly aligned for them to meet in the pouring rain, she lost her brother and he'd been waiting long for his to return.

───※ ·❆· ※───

Do you wonder why - where is Jay?